PDA

View Full Version : "Dirty" Joe Byrd?

Chico
03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
So I was wondering what does everyone on here think of joe byrd? From what ive seen hes a dirty rider and I guess alot of the other guys dont like him. Here is why

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-JpxrC3gGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g0d8SajjSCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tjsdaname
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
I hate him... dirty as they come...

jasonjonesjj
03-23-2011, 08:22 PM
his 2011 bike sure is ugly.

madskrillz2
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
If you've kept up with racing for any amount of time you pretty much know the stories. Why do you think he wasn't pitted in the pro pits last weekend? Nobody likes him.

SRH
03-23-2011, 09:27 PM
i dont know him personally but from a fans standpoint i havent liked him since that move on natalie in 05 i think...then all the stories...i dont want to bash him..but theres truth to some of every rumor with anything

TheLane
03-23-2011, 09:43 PM
What a douche bag...accedents happen in riding, why the hell would he hit someone? I woulda jumped off my quad a beat the ****outta him if he did that to me.

SRH
03-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
What a douche bag...accedents happen in riding, why the hell would he hit someone? I woulda jumped off my quad a beat the ****outta him if he did that to me.

natalie could have gotten messed up bad, ill admit ive spun ppl out in corners and block passed ppl, but you dont take someone out on a jump at those speeds like that...its attempted murder

didnt byrd also try turning in natalie or creamer for there rear wheels being slightly elevated?

feuerstack411
03-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Not a fan at all.

Tommy Warren
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
those videos are fun to watch though:D

I'm just happy creamer beat him to the finish line in the second video

jkiserracing
03-24-2011, 06:57 AM
To be honest, that first video simply showed two quads battling around a turn and they made contact. That doesnt look intentional AT all to me (but my opinion from that angle)
I will say that smacking Creamer in the head was NOT called for and was surely just a heat of the moment thing....still not right though.

dan harris
03-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I agree, we all bump when racing it happens - I don't think anyone is intentionally crashing anyone ! But if you swing your fist at me like that. Were gonna stop the racing right there and put a real show on for the fans !! That is bull ! I actually lost more respect for Creamer for not kicking his *** or at least running him over with his quad !!! ....guess that why I could never be a "professional" !!!

88redrocket
03-24-2011, 08:44 AM
If I remember right, after that race someone from the kawasaki pit crew went over to byrds and did something that resulted in fines for both sides.... never heard what it was though.....I cant stand the guy I cant believe parents still send there kids to his riding school after the stuff he's pulled...

THARNESS
03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
My son won a certificate for a free Joe Byrd riding school a couple years ago at Lorettas. We keep it in the motorhome in case we run out of toilet paper.

rollie
03-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
To be honest, that first video simply showed two quads battling around a turn and they made contact. That doesnt look intentional AT all to me (but my opinion from that angle)
I will say that smacking Creamer in the head was NOT called for and was surely just a heat of the moment thing....still not right though.

i personally think it was intentional, if you watch it when there in the corner, you can see byrd let off and his front end drop then get back on it right as natalie got on the side of him. but thats just my opinon!

i don't like byrd though

DnB_racing
03-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
But if you swing your fist at me like that. Were gonna stop the racing right there and put a real show on for the fans !! That is bull ! I actually lost more respect for Creamer for not kicking his *** or at least running him over with his quad !!! LOL is this what they learn at breezwoods?

sometimes you get more enjoyment letting the riding do the talking, instead of the fists.
well sometimes anyways but not always
if you cant beat them riding then you really shouldnt beat them down on the track!

dan harris
03-24-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't agree with swinging fist, but yea if somebody punches you in a race - I would say the race is over and the fighting is on !! I'm no pro - I don't ride for money - I ride for pride and joy ! You smack me in the head, I'm not gonna have any pride or joy, so I might as well stop riding and kick some *** !!! .....just sayin - thats me!

lasher45
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
I don't agree with swinging fist, but yea if somebody punches you in a race - I would say the race is over and the fighting is on !! I'm no pro - I don't ride for money - I ride for pride and joy ! You smack me in the head, I'm not gonna have any pride or joy, so I might as well stop riding and kick some *** !!! .....just sayin - thats me!

I feel the same way. If someone hits me in the middle of a race, you'll see how fast I can get off that quad and get you on the ground. Bumping is racing, but pulling that BS is ridiculous.

reconmaster
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by THARNESS
My son won a certificate for a free Joe Byrd riding school a couple years ago at Lorettas. We keep it in the motorhome in case we run out of toilet paper.

you made my day:p

the 2 nationals i have been to every pro except byrd actually had a conversation with me and he walked by me during redbud and didnt even acknowledge me.....

TheLane
03-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Why does that song byrds the word come to
Mind?

PaRedneckRiders
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Second vid was from Pleasure Valley just figured id throw that out there.
But ya, in my mind he will try and do anything to win even if it means racing dirty.

danhung11
03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Are these dirty tricks he uses taught at his Riding School? If so, sign me up. For the one who is using the gift certificate as TP, has it been used yet? :D

I've never liked this guy to begin with, he just looks like a prick. :p

kyleschonert
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Why does that song byrds the word come to
Mind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

ryan243
03-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Everytime I've been to a national, he is always rude and just extremely unfriendly to fans. I don't understand how you could possibly be like that to people who look up to you. Every single pro at the nationals is a great role model EXCEPT for Joe Byrd

Moser87m
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I,ve seen every one of these incidents with byrd live with my own eyes and much more,3 yrs ago at lorretta's i seen him in the first lap of moto 2 push creamer right of the track right into a tree i still dont know how he didn't get hurt and then in another lap weinen was looking down at the side of his bike like something was wrong and he was clearly on the side of the track out of the way and byrd looked right at him and then drove right into his side and drove him of the track and won the race when he was on the podium i wished i was as big as him so i could go up and knock him on his butt instead i had to boo him with everyone else in that crash with john in 05 i was talking to john on the line and if u notice he doesnt have a chest protector on i said to him he was a dummy for not wearing 1 and he said i'll be fine and after the race he showed me the big welt on his back and i got lucky then we laughed but if u look at that video close u can c byrd looking and turn his wheels toward jonh he's as dirty as they come trust me

dehner47
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
the man is a true d**k, yes.. but if you ever have sat down at dinner with the man and talked to him, like i have, you;d see he's not all what you think he is. he's there to win races. not become friends with other pro riders. hense the "dirty riding".. i still do not like the man personaly. nor will i ever. and yes i think he needs to show some respect to his fans and upcoming racers. but still not gonna change the reason why the man is at the races.. to win!!!

Moser87m
03-24-2011, 04:20 PM
i agree with u about the winning part but not the part where someone gets hurt thats what i have a problem with i think its a shame for him i watched him walk around the pits in alabama like a lost dog no one even payed attention to him if u ask me i think its pretty sad

Latemodel32
03-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
Everytime I've been to a national, he is always rude and just extremely unfriendly to fans. I don't understand how you could possibly be like that to people who look up to you. Every single pro at the nationals is a great role model EXCEPT for Joe Byrd

when your 6yr old daughter asks for a autograph and he says i dont have time kid ( this was on a sat when the only amatures raced he didnt race until sunday) This was 4yrs ago i still hate that prick

dehner47
03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Latemodel32
when your 6yr old daughter asks for a autograph and he says i dont have time kid ( this was on a sat when the only amatures raced he didnt race until sunday) This was 4yrs ago i still hate that prick

ohhh i totally agree with your opinion on him for that. i'd probably would have said something to him right then and there.

please, i am not saying he is a good guy nor saying i like him. i really cant stand the prick. but i have a real feeling, half of these "Joe Byrd haters" never have met the man in real life nor have ever seen any of his dirty riding 1st hand.

K-Dub
03-24-2011, 06:06 PM
In the first video if you pause it at the right time you can see Byrds turns his tires to the right and hits Natalie clearly.

I was at the nats in 05, and 06 both times tried to talk to Byrd and got blown off both times. In turn went to Natalie's pits and got a great conversation and ended up in his trailer both times. Byrd is an *** and Natalie is a class act.

Smoker
03-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Rubbing is racing, when you have a cage around you. He's a turd. I remember an interview where he cried like a b*tch because he got beat, every sport needs a cry baby I guess The dirty riding crap will get someone hurt eventually. Unsat.

atvracer190
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
when i was at pell city this past weekend i never even seen the guy except when he was on the track, but i did see his wife a good bit in the stands setting around, talking to people, taking pictures with kids.... maybe shes just trying to be his good publicty lol

K-Dub
03-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Im all for banging bars and block passing, but man you dont knock someone sideways going up a jump face, thats not only dirty thats plain ignorant!

gtilley45
03-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by atvracer190
when i was at pell city this past weekend i never even seen the guy except when he was on the track, but i did see his wife a good bit in the stands setting around, talking to people, taking pictures with kids.... maybe shes just trying to be his good publicty lol

I talked to some people who saw them training at a track in Georgia a few days before the Pell City national........they said that Heather went up to him when he came off the track and said "Those guys are beating you because you are nothing but a GD pu$$y!!"

Are they even still married?

beastlywarrior
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
I talked to some people who saw them training at a track in Georgia a few days before the Pell City national........they said that Heather went up to him when he came off the track and said "Those guys are beating you because you are nothing but a GD pu$$y!!"

Are they even still married?

no he cheated on her last i heard they've been divorced for awhile

Chico
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM
How about his stupid little intro on huevos 12 with him working out and driving his viper around like a tough guy. I saw that and was like what a douche....I too think he took out natalie intentionally, he would rather pull that move and have someone get hurt rather than let them go by him. I am considering getting some #7 "dirty byrd" t-shirts made up and wearing it to the unadilla national. I could probably sell quite a few as well.

TheLane
03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I just hope his riding hurts him and not someone else.

Not that i want anyone to be hurt, but better him than the alternative.

SRH
03-24-2011, 08:48 PM
a dirty byrd cant fly with a broken wing

nynetwo9
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Chico
How about his stupid little intro on huevos 12 with him working out and driving his viper around like a tough guy. I saw that and was like what a douche....I too think he took out natalie intentionally, he would rather pull that move and have someone get hurt rather than let them go by him. I am considering getting some #7 "dirty byrd" t-shirts made up and wearing it to the unadilla national. I could probably sell quite a few as well.

"dirty byrd" shirts!!??? omg dude thats priceless. i can just imagine ppl rocking them around the pits. good one man.

madskrillz2
03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
the man is a true d**k, yes.. but if you ever have sat down at dinner with the man and talked to him, like i have, you;d see he's not all what you think he is. he's there to win races. not become friends with other pro riders. hense the "dirty riding".. i still do not like the man personaly. nor will i ever. and yes i think he needs to show some respect to his fans and upcoming racers. but still not gonna change the reason why the man is at the races.. to win!!!

So in other words he's two faced? Lmao.

Originally posted by Moser87m
i agree with u about the winning part but not the part where someone gets hurt thats what i have a problem with i think its a shame for him i watched him walk around the pits in alabama like a lost dog no one even payed attention to him if u ask me i think its pretty sad

Exactly. I thought I was the only one that noticed this. Everyone always seems to avoid him but this really was the worst I've ever seen it. He was way down in the bottom of the parking area while the pro pits were up at the top.

SRH
03-25-2011, 10:42 AM
they should have a real hood *** version of big bird riding byrds quad swinging a big stick above his head with natalie getting wrecked on one side of him and swinging the stick at creamer on the other side

then under the cartoon of this it could say a dirty byrd cant fly with a broken wing

the front could say dirty byrd racing with him standing next to that wearing a shirt that says tool academy

TheLane
03-25-2011, 11:21 AM
I think it should just have Elmer fudd standing there with a shotgun holding him upside down. Ain't nothing better than byrd hunting.

Ntensweapon
03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I remember reading about Byrd and his mechanic wearing some kind of shoe to pack the dirt better in the gate...

I also read that he was caught moving a corner marker on the warm up lap...

Anyone else remember this? Just rumors? Surprised it hasn't been brought up yet is why I ask. I believed them to be true.

mamaknothead
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Boy you guys are bad. Let the guy up he has been kicked on enough.

tjsdaname
03-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ntensweapon
I remember reading about Byrd and his mechanic wearing some kind of shoe to pack the dirt better in the gate...

I also read that he was caught moving a corner marker on the warm up lap...

Anyone else remember this? Just rumors? Surprised it hasn't been brought up yet is why I ask. I believed them to be true.

I heard that his mechanic was wearing a pair of thor 50/50 boots that they had a bunch of nails coming out the bottom of them...

88redrocket
03-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Heres a thread with some more info about the moving the stake incident

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290528

yfzttracer76
03-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Wasn't he tested for running illegal fuel before too? I dont know for sure, but seems to stick out for some reason.

mamaknothead
03-26-2011, 09:18 AM
You know I am not a big fan of Joe's but with us not having a huge line up of Pro's running anymore seems to me we wouldn't get on a forum board just bashing the ones we have.

gtilley45
03-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ntensweapon

His mechanic had screws in the soles of his shoes a few years ago at the Alabama national. Natalie complained about it and Team Suzuki ended up protesting the whole deal. All they did was fine Byrd $100.

For a long time I didn't know if that was just a rumor or not. I talked to the guy who was working staging at that race, and I asked him if that was just a rumor or if Byrd's mechanic really did have screws in his shoes and he said "Hell yeah he had screws in his shoes, I saw them!!"

SRH
03-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by gtilley45
His mechanic had screws in the soles of his shoes a few years ago at the Alabama national. Natalie complained about it and Team Suzuki ended up protesting the whole deal. All they did was fine Byrd $100.

For a long time I didn't know if that was just a rumor or not. I talked to the guy who was working staging at that race, and I asked him if that was just a rumor or if Byrd's mechanic really did have screws in his shoes and he said "Hell yeah he had screws in his shoes, I saw them!!"

i remember that, wasnt it him also that tried to get creamer in trouble for creamers gate having a dirt pile in it his back wheels were up on?

K-Dub
03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i remember that, wasnt it him also that tried to get creamer in trouble for creamers gate having a dirt pile in it his back wheels were up on?

That was from an episode of ATV 24/7, and it was a Can AM mechanic raising cain about Creamer's back tires on top the board at the back of the starting area. I believe it was Natalie's.

Scro
03-26-2011, 11:21 AM
What would screws in the soles of his shoes do?

gtilley45
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Scro
It would help him break up the hard packed dirt so he could fix up his gate better.

SRH
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Scro

scrape grooves in the concrete or at least try to, im sure knobbies hook up better in rough concrete

idk how on earth it could make much of a difference youd have to be clawing at it like rooster and everyone would see that, prob just trying to use them to clear off any dirt caked on the concrete..which really isnt a big deal since your allowed to prep anyway just not in front of the gate

gtilley45
03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
All that happened at Mill Creek, and Mill Creek has a dirt starting line. Last year when I was the mechanic for my buddy that ran Pro Am production, there were some really bad ruts on the starting line that were launching people off the line crooked. He asked me to get rid of the ruts when I prepped his gate, but the dirt was so hard packed that I couldn't really do much. But if I would have had screws sticking out of the bottom of my shoes (or been wearing baseball cleats or something) I could have broken up the hard dirt and gotten rid of the ruts.

I remember John Natalie saying "if that's only a $100 fine, I'll bring a shovel and a $100 bill to the line with me next time."

Honda4LifeWes36
03-26-2011, 12:56 PM
For every ATV / Bike rider out there: That's why you wear a helmet. :D

buck440
03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
nobody got hit in the head in the second video:confused:

Honda4LifeWes36
03-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure Creamer got hit in the head in the second video.

440racer66
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
i remember when he wrecked j lawson at ballance mx and every one shot him the byrd then booed him off the podium. that was when it was covered by racer tv. they deff skipped the finish and the podium speech. but every time i would try talk to him he was a complete jerk.

buck440
03-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Honda4LifeWes36
Pretty sure Creamer got hit in the head in the second video.

at what time? i watched it like 10 times.

buck440
03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
ok i seen it:)

madskrillz2
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
i remember when he wrecked j lawson at ballance mx and every one shot him the byrd then booed him off the podium. that was when it was covered by racer tv. they deff skipped the finish and the podium speech. but every time i would try talk to him he was a complete jerk.

Lol shot him the byrd. I see what you did there

Honda4LifeWes36
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
LOL buck. Head / face sorry. Helmet did take the impact though! :D

buck440
03-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Honda4LifeWes36
LOL buck. Head / face sorry. Helmet did take the impact though! :D

it was at the edge thats why i didn't see it.

Honda4LifeWes36
03-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Too busy watching the Suzuki's take the Checkered flag??