PDA

View Full Version : Is my 300 worth the money in mods

300exQuadracer
02-17-2003, 12:14 PM
i have a 2000 300ex with DG bumper, DG nerfs, full body skids, swingarm skid, 400ex tires,14th, brand new chain,airbox mods and lime green PC`d frame with orange a-arms, custom made lime green a-arm guards with chrome brackets and brand new maier orange race cuts not even on it yet,
i was wonderin if it would be worth it to keep it and blow my money on mods or sell it and get a 400 with like no mods and have to work up from there, i just got the 300 pc`d and new fenders so i dont know what to do beacuse i may not get the money out of it that i want
what do you guys think??

02-17-2003, 12:33 PM
how serious are u abt racing and what type of racing. if u wanna be a hard core mx guy i would sell it but if u do trails i would keep it.

300exQuadracer
02-17-2003, 12:35 PM
well me and my friends all got tracks, and we have a few trails and dune riding, and a lot of freestyle, but we do go out and race every once and a while, but i`m not into the racing a whole lot cause i cant afford it

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
well me and my friends all got tracks, and we have a few trails and dune riding, and a lot of freestyle, but we do go out and race every once and a while, but i`m not into the racing a whole lot cause i cant afford it WEll this one is a catch, how much do you REALLY love that 300ex of yours??? I am personally thinin of keeping mine and just powering it up. If your not doing any serois drag racing and not climbing HUGE tall dunes then I would say to keep your 300ex,but thats JMO.. All depends on how far out you plan on moddin out.. ???

250x#93
02-17-2003, 05:11 PM
If your not serious about racin, keep moddin it, you know how much trailriders would drool at your quad:blah Sounds sweet already, do you really think you can give it up, and also after how much time you put into it.:devil You get a 400 and find out u really wanted to keep your 300 you'll be kickin yourself in the *****. Just think real hard first.

300exQuadracer
02-17-2003, 07:51 PM
probabaly if i keep it i`m looking for an exhaust 1st off then some engine mods like a cam and porting and maybe a 330 kit

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
probabaly if i keep it i`m looking for an exhaust 1st off then some engine mods like a cam and porting and maybe a 330 kit There ya go!!:blah My motor fell thew I just found out tonight... He wont ship it, so I guess Im back to looking for another...:( :( :( .. I gues ill use the money and get a few other things for now ,wheel spacers are the first thing...:D