PDA

View Full Version : Magura Clutch Issue

Burns310r
03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Well putting my MX R back together and when i installed my magura hydraulic clutch i noticed something was weird. So i went to pull the lever and there was nothing there.

I noticed that the slave cylinder piston was pulled all the way out on the slave cylinder, thinking it may just be stuck out i tried to push it back in and bent the plunger over pretty bad. Oh let me tell you i was pissed.

So im wanting to buy a rebuild kit, and im going to need a new slave cylinder piston. But i dont know where to get parts from. Magura as a company is outside the us. So im not sure where to get the parts from.

Also where can i find the model number on my system so that i know what parts to get. I have an older magura clutch system but the plunger shaft on the slave cylinder is much much smaller. So i know they are different models.

Thanks in advanced.

redred55
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Part number you need is 0612-0041(parts unlimited number) I know this because I purchased one because i thought I needed it. I paid $95 for it and never used it. $90 shipped if that helps you out. You may find one cheaper but losing $5 plus tax sucks as it is!!