PDA

View Full Version : Front VS Rear Compression

TheLane
03-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Do you MX guys normally run one higher than the other on your compression?

jacobw
03-23-2011, 05:40 PM
suspension setup is personal preference and it will be set up different for different riders

TheLane
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
...... really.... lol ok can someone actually tell me what THEY use that rides MX now please?

dustin_j
03-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Are you asking about clicker settings? The compression clickers are a micro adjustment to tune after everything else is setup. The setting on your stock shocks will also be much different than on someone's aftermarkets or stock rebuilds setup for their weight and machine. If you can find someone with the same machine and same weight as you, riding similar tracks, then you can compare settings.

trailrider894
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I run softer compression in the rear because it helps smooth out the ride, where my front shocks take all the hits because our tracks are mostly all downhill and uphill steps, so its not that demanding.

TheLane
03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
lol ok guys seriously, im not looking for suspension 101 here. Im not looking for how to tune my own shocks,what im asking is what are OTHER people using.

Please dont reply again unless you have some info on what YOU use for the track.

trailrider894
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
lol ok guys seriously, im not looking for suspension 101 here. Im not looking for how to tune my own shocks,what im asking is what are OTHER people using.

Please dont reply again unless you have some info on what YOU use for the track.

This post isn't aimed for me is it? Because i was answering your question for what i do and why. I would try less in the rear and more in the front, i think you will like it. But not a huge difference between the two or you will wish you had never changed them...lol

TheLane
03-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Lol no way! I think I posted that at the same time you did man. I didn't even realize you posted till I got the email, it was directed at the people above you.

Your post is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for, thanks man!

jacobw
03-25-2011, 08:48 PM
this guy is an idiot and obviously does not know how to setup suspension and does not know what he wants. you try to help and all he wants to do is give smart *** remarks far as i am concerned idiots like this need to give up riding and handle a remote maybe they can figure out how to turn the power to the tv on

TheLane
03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by jacobw
this guy is an idiot and obviously does not know how to setup suspension and does not know what he wants. you try to help and all he wants to do is give smart *** remarks far as i am concerned idiots like this need to give up riding and handle a remote maybe they can figure out how to turn the power to the tv on

Say what???? lol you are nuts buddy, all i said was i wasnt looking for that type of info.

trailrider894
03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Say what???? lol you are nuts buddy, all i said was i wasnt looking for that type of info.

I am with Lane... He is just being a troll.

Let me know what happens with your testing man!! I just went out and messed with my compression a little bit more today. It is way better now, i took the compression down in the front just a hair and did the same in the rear and it just floats over the whoops.

Here is a pic..

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/trailrider894/ed-0157.jpg

Not sure if you can tell, but my compression is near perfect in this picture... This was taken awhile back. Mind you all the quads are different.