PDA

View Full Version : log road???

honda350xracer
03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
anyone going to log road this weekend?

quadscrib
03-24-2011, 05:39 AM
This is the District 14 area bro......Log Road is GLMX.

srxmiller
03-24-2011, 07:23 AM
We will be saving our bullets for d-14 events.

honda350xracer
03-25-2011, 03:56 AM
i guess i just assumed that michigan riders still stuck together.... sorry.

blholtz
03-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by honda350xracer
i guess i just assumed that michigan riders still stuck together.... sorry.

You would think that all the quad riders would stick together and support our portion of the sport. But that won't happen.

I will be there at LogRoad at least on Saturday not sure about Sunday yet.

And truth be told this thread is more mini quads of d-14 and not all quad riders. Just saying. Posts on this thread are predominately in reference to mini quads and nothing more. Again, not *****in just stating a fact.

quadscrib
03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
350...I was joking. We SHOULD stick together.

Brendan, it seems that mainly mini folks respond here thats all. Plus the mini riders grow to be adult riders. Is there another forum elsewhere for everyone else?

blholtz
03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Again I was just saying. And the thread title is District 14 and that person is a new person to the racing scene as far as I can tell.

And no there is no other forum for the michigan riding.

As for sticking together, I guess we will start seeing everyone running the district races only start showing up and supporting the quad guys that are running the GLMX.

And yes if the minis show up "on mass" They will allow your little guys to run.

Again I was not nagging just stating fact.

wileeviper
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Seriously you guys are too sensitive... LOL
I started this forum as a place for ALL D14 racers to communicate, adult racers and parents of racers alike. There was no intention to exclude GLMX racers, as I feel they are fellow racers, and some are also D14 racers too. No big deal.

Anyone is free to start a GLMX forum, or just an adult racer forum.

Yeash:tired:

srxmiller
03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Mini's "on mass",and they'll let our little ones race. Nice, bholtz did Amy Richie pay you to tell us all that? Its way to close to the start of the season,to start pis-sen match again. We know you don't like the kids on the big tracks. Unless they can fix they're own quad, or drive themselves there,they shouldn't be there right Holtz? Ha ha ha. Ya we'll stick together.Hey I got an idea tell Amy she could start a GLMX forum,Oh ya this is an "ATV" website, she wouldn't be cought dead here. We tried to work with her repeatedly, not tryin that again. thanks for your input though. :D

blholtz
03-27-2011, 06:56 AM
First off Amy Ritchie did not pay me to say anything. Second that is the word that was put out there by all the track owners at the GLMX riders meeting at the banquet.

And I am not starting a pis-sen match with Scrib. The guy that started this thread seems to be a new person to the racing in Michigan and Scribs first post sure as hell did not come across as a joke.

As for the kids on the track. They should be able to start their own machines if they stall them. Part of being on the big track is being able to take, at least moderately, care for yourself. I get the parents running out on the track if there is a wreck, but outside help during the course of the race is grounds for disqualification. That is as far as I understand the rules.

Keep this in mind when you want to bash Amy Ritchie.

If it wasn't for her time, Money and effort there would be no mini quads in the state of Michigan. Don't believe me? Then just call up Andrew Smith or Jack Redburn. They both can tell you how things went down. As a Matter of Fact when all this was going down, it was the then District President Dick Rainey that was in opposition to having mini quads in the state of Michigan.

My whole point is NOT to support just GLMX or District. My point is to support quad racers in either series and stick together. There only one or two dates where the race dates conflict. I have been talking to the guys that have been running GLMX and they are up for coming to District races, but they would really like to know that it will work both ways. That is why I put there that the minis would be allowed on the big track. If they get at least 10 of the buggers to come they will put them on the track. That kind of means all the minis will have to decide to work together.

If you can't work with Amy, then why not try just working with the individual tracks. They can make up their own minds as to whether they run minis on their track or not. I know for a fact that Bart at Log Road is very easy to work with and I have his number if you need it I will Pm it to you on Facebook.

wileeviper
03-27-2011, 08:04 AM
I hear ya Brendon. All points well taken. I was at the meeting when it got heated between Raney and Richie. Amy was pretty concerned about the minis being outlawed because she has a big investment in the atv national race at her place. Understandably. The very next yr she wouldnt run the 50s on the big track at the natonals when every other national track does, and that was the beginning of the drop off for tthe minis at red bud, which coincided w the beginning of GLMX.
We liked running the GLMX tracks the first yr and ran D14 That yr too, but those tracks r too far to go for no guarantee of blair running the big track. D14 made the decision to run them so thats where we r. Plus we really Luke :) along with so many other fun people....even you sometimes..lol

blholtz
03-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by wileeviper

We liked running the GLMX tracks the first yr and ran D14 That yr too, but those tracks r too far to go for no guarantee of blair running the big track.

That is why I suggested the mini parents working together.

djdfairchild
03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
the only reason red bud cares about mini's is because of the nationals, we had 9 show up last year and had to pay for a ghost rider so the minis could run the big track, many of these kids are way to fast to be on the mini tracks they would hurt each other. and as for the kids being able to start ther own machines, what a stupid statement, half the adults can't start there own quad, how many kids know what to do if there quad floods out? how many kids know what to look for if the quad dies?

blholtz
03-27-2011, 05:06 PM
First off they did put out there 10 riders. I guess they meant what they said.

Second your damn right they did it to protect the Nationals, but your kids also benefit from it, so be thankful. I guess you go to work every day with no thought of a paycheck. NOBODY does anything for free now days why would you think Amy Ritchie would?

As for your kids not being able to start their own machines, maybe the parents should show them. If I am on the track and can not get the thing to refire then I am out of luck. That is racing and proper maintenance. You parents think you are allowed to just run all over the track and to heck with the rules.

djdfairchild
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
im not arguing the 10 minis rule but they put the rule in to keep quads away not to get them to show up.

how do my kids benefit from red bud having nationals?
we don't get to run the track anymore than kids in alabama do.
kids do know how to start the quads but put it on its side for a minute and see if it fires, they don't have electric start and fuel
injection. and by the time a parent gets it started they are already out of the race. we just want them to be able to finish for track time.

blholtz
03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I am mistaken, but only slightly. The AMA does allow the help of a mechanic. In the designated mechanics area only. I believe that the rule should be enforced. If the rider has mechanical difficulty on the track and can make it back to the "designated" mechanics area then they may receive the needed help.

Other than in the event of a crash, any rider that receives help from anyone other than a track official anywhere on the track should be disqualified.

I know there are a ton of people going out of there minds right now, but you want the privilege of being on the big track and still be able to run out onto the track like typical "helicopter" parents. :eek2:

These are the rules of the big track. If they don't fit the way you want it to work then there is always the mini track.

I am guessing you are the same parents doing the kids homework so they get a good grade. And are happy with Certificates of participation.

blholtz
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
im not arguing the 10 minis rule but they put the rule in to keep quads away not to get them to show up.

how do my kids benefit from red bud having nationals?
we don't get to run the track anymore than kids in alabama do.
kids do know how to start the quads but put it on its side for a minute and see if it fires, they don't have electric start and fuel
injection. and by the time a parent gets it started they are already out of the race. we just want them to be able to finish for track time.

The 10 mini rule is not to keep them away, but to say this is the minimum the track needs to break even on that time allotted for the moto.

Your kids benefit this way: If Amy Ritchie had not put up the fight to keep the minis in Michigan she would have lost the National, but all Minis would have been banned in the State of Michigan period. Your kid would not be able to ride his quad at any track in the state, other than the one in your back yard.

And yes I have electric start and fuel injection but there are procedures to get it to fire after a tip over and if I don't do those things it won't fire. And guess what by the time I get it to fire I am also out of the race but going under my own.

I give you the finish for track time, but a zero on the score card.

djdfairchild
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
again not arguing the mechanic rule, but you have to realize these are kids, last year at red bud the ruts from the big quads and bikes were so deep that the minis got hung up on them so 6 minis are sitting in the track and no one should go help them?

i have no idea if amy helped keep minis racing in mich or not but i highly doubt that minis would have been taken out of mich. and if she did save them then good for her and thank you, but the reason was finacial not because she cares about quads. if red bud liked the quads they would find the time and money to let them on the track. even if there were 5 of them. im a business owner and sometimes you do stuff for the future not because you make money today.
again i dont care for the reason of the rule just know its affects, we found a place that likes to give time to the minis and build the sport, and theres where we spend our money.
im done arguing about it this is my opinion only and maybe no one else agrees

kimv
03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Well I'm with you Darrick, 100% (:

wileeviper
03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Fairchild...I agree

Holtz, i personally dont know why you are insulting mini parents of their parenting techniques. Whats the point of that? Just to piss off everyone? Congratulations. If u dont want to see anyone breaking any precious rules by going on the track then go to GLMX where there aren't any minis. Pretty simple. Then you can stop b******* about it.

blholtz
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by wileeviper
Holtz, i personally dont know why you are insulting mini parents of their parenting techniques. Whats the point of that? Just to piss off everyone? Congratulations. If u dont want to see anyone breaking any precious rules by going on the track then go to GLMX where there aren't any minis. Pretty simple. Then you can stop b******* about it.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I am sick of hearing you people bashing the person that kept your precious children riding. If she gained financially good for her, but you benefited from it to.

I don't do it to piss anyone off, but if it does maybe it hits a little close to home. And if the shoe fits.

But whatever, amazing you all want to be supported but do nothing to give anyone a reason to do so.

And then I won't have to watch parents that can't or don't ride *****ing at their kid for not riding hard.

srxmiller
03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
This is the pis-sen match I didn't want, this close to the start of the season. Like I said before glmx races and practice's are not part of our,[meaning as a family] plan for the season.Everyone else can do what they want, except for our useless little kids who go where ever we take them. which will be at d-14 mx and some harescrambles yikes little kids at a harescramble, will the world ever be the same.And I know the GLMX queen had nothing to with this.@

blholtz
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Didn't want the pissen match either but whatever, not saying the kids are worthless. But I am saying the rules are made to just be thrown out of the window as it suits the parents.

All I was saying is supporting the quad riders and going back and forth between the series. You brought up the Amy crap. I stated nothing but the truth.

I would really like to see everyone support the quads all the way around regardless of series. You guys are the ones with the chip on your shoulders. You refuse to go to a GLMX track regardless.

I went to as many of both as I could last year and had fun at both. And everyone could be doing what they could to help the quad numbers at both series, but what the hell do I know.

The funny thing is your dedicated to the District and there are only three of the tracks that will allow quads there period, whether its a mini or a big quad. The rest of the club tracks won't even think about having quads. GLMX tracks will have you and your minis if you come with enough numbers.

Enough said. If you can't understand that then I do believe you will never get it. And i am done trying to talk to a wall.

wileeviper
03-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by blholtz

But whatever, amazing you all want to be supported but do nothing to give anyone a reason to do so.

And then I won't have to watch parents that can't or don't ride *****ing at their kid for not riding hard.

OMG! What is your problem? Seriously. As far as doing nothing to give anyone a reason to support us.. you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. We tried repeatedly to work with Amy Richie, you apparently are not aware of this so I will say it again, and just maybe it will sink in this time. We offered to help at D14 and it was welcomed, and we have not only helped to gain membership in the mini division, but this year spent hours of time trying to gain ADULT membership as well. WE ARE TRYING, not just for minis, but we are putting our time and money where we have chosen to race and with people who have welcomed our help. I don't know what the hell you have to criticize, and WHY? Maybe, just once consider that you are talking to people who are nice people trying to do a sport as a FAMILY, and that many of the people you are complaining about contributed to the banquet, as I am sure you have also done over your years of racing. Lighten up on the parents doing this for their kids. BTW the envelope of the D14 flyers you received, was in my handwriting, as KimV and I wrote 300 of them.

srxmiller
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Ya I don't get this at all. You totally fooled me, talked to you all last summer.And I didn't know you were so discussed with us mini folks. I know I went on the track a few times once when I sent Blair out with has fuel shut off. My bad an other his plug wire fell off. I guess I could have taught him better at 7Yrs old. I guess I should have followed your example much closer than I did.@

blholtz
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Amazing how you all can criticise with out knowing the whole story. But you want to get offended when you are critizised.

I know for a fact there were people at the track that were very offended at you ranting and raving at Blair from the Spectator area. To the point you were almost asked to leave at one of the races. And I was the one defending you. Was it brought to your attention NO because it wasn't worth it. And I am talking about you Bob. Then we have Cory jumping the fence and getting lippy with the track worker when he called him out on it. I do understand that his son was in a wreck and he was worried, but the kid was up before Cory made it over the fence. And Cory was more interested in cussing at the track personnel then running to his kid.

You all are quick to bash on Amy, not caring that you are beneficiaries of the time and effort she put in to keep minis in the State of Michigan.

My whole intention was to get quad numbers up at (and get this) BOTH series. In support of quad racing all the way around. As soon as I said that you all started the fur to flying.

I do not hate the kids at all. My point is you want them on the big track. Fair enough, but your are putting kids out there and then wanting to treat it like it is the mini track. How do think you are entitled to have it both ways? I get that the machines are to big for the mini track. Maybe the machines is to big for the kids?

Not sure what the pis-sy little remark was about following my example, but whatever.

And I am not saying a thing about the time anyone put in for District. What I meant is you want to know that you will be able to run your minis on the big tracks and those same tracks are asking you to work together and bring at least 10 minis, but you don't want to give that guarantee.

Not fooling anyone I have backed you up at the track in ways you have know ideas about there Bob, and I did it cause believe it or not I like you. But I did it as a friend and not for anything else. And that is were that ends I will tell you no more. There are a few that might read this and understand and that is fine.

djdfairchild
03-27-2011, 10:30 PM
i am not on here to bash red bud or amy richie, i don't know her. if she's fighting for quads i appreciatte it. i live in the area, and they seem to be nice people, and did a great job for the nationals, and would love the 20 min drive to red bud to race or practice.
i have no problem with glmx or its rules, they are free to run the series the best way they see fit. and if the numbers are ever at glmx we will race it, i tried it last year and didn't like racing by ourselves. glmx tracks are way closer to me than d14 tracks, i drive for the competition.
blholtz, i don't know you, i don't know if you have kids, but you have to realize, we want them on the big tracks because they want to be on the big track, these kids have some guts the way they ride the qauds that weigh 3 or 4 times what they do. i have 2 kids that race, and play baseball and football and basketball, and go to school. its not the same as being 20 yrs old and being able to race every weekend, like bob said we have to choose where to use are bullets, so right now we can't support glmx, just don't have the time to do both,wish i could.

as far as the rules, you can't make exceptions when the minis go on the track? you can't allow parents to help a kid who has wrecked or quads not running? i quess we should be treating the 8 yr old kids like adults, maybe i'll have daniel play varsity football this year. if he can't play with the big boys on the big football field he should stay home.
and your really gonna complain about corey jumping the fence when his kid tumbles his quad, it was a bad wreck, he bent his frame, even bent his four play bars.if i would have been there i would have jumped the fence to help trevor. just part of being a parent, i dont like to see any off the kids have a hard time.
like i said the only thing i took offence over was saying that kids should have to be able to start there quads to be on the big track.
bob we all think your a little crazy, in a good way.:huh you may get a little loud when blairs racing but i've never seen you be hard on him to his face. looks like a good form of therapy to me.

blholtz
03-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Not bangin Corey for going over the fence, but his cussing at Lance when Lance gave him heck for it. Not to mention there was a gate 5 feet away. And that was the main reason that Lance even said anything.

You are asking for special treatment. As far as I can tell you don't see the parents of kids on the little cobra dirtbike or the 65cc dirtbikes running out on the track to help them restart their bikes. That is what I am talking about. NOT talking about the crash situations. If they want to be on the big track great, but there are responsibilities that come with that.

I am not banging on the kids and yes they do have some guts to do what they do no matter what they are riding.

Its amazing how quick you all were to defend yourselves when I start banging on you. But have no problem banging on GLMX.

The way the schedules are set up it would have been really easy to go to both series and support the quad riding in both that was the point of my posting of that idea. Then immediately I get banged on like I am some mouthpiece for Amy Ritchie. Which by the way I am not. Not to mention your kids would be able to experience more tracks in the state and not just the three in the District that will allow quads. Remember this, All the GLMX tracks are open to the minis IF there are at least 10 of them there. And in the District you have Three. Again I am doing nothing more than stating facts.

Fairchild, I get your football analogy. You wouldn't want to put your kid into a sport unprepared. But isn't that what you are doing putting them on the track without knowing how to restart a stalled motor or being able to get their own quad out of a rut if they get stuck?

srxmiller
03-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Thanks for defending me man, I had no idea I was on the edge of being ask to leave. This has been a good intervention.

I have completely different outlook now, Amy saved mini quads raceing. Your the greatest example of parent anyone can find.

All I can do, is try to be a better person.I think with your help, this can be achieved. I'am sorry man , Iam sorry to all ,and iam sorry to Amy.

The family and I will be at d-14, MX. and H.S. sorry planned it prior to the great glmx sales pitch.

Heres my phone # 517-282-4373 if any wants a more personal apology.

blholtz
03-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Definately not the greatest parent ever, but I won't be Putting Erica out on a track to race until she is comfortable and at least able to restart the quad if it stalls. She is the reason we are joining Portland, maybe I need to see what I can do about becoming a referee there.

You want to be a cynical prick Bob go right ahead, I am not the one being laughed at by my antics while my kid is on the track.

I was not giving a sales pitch for GLMX, but for supporting the QUADS in that Series just like I have been doing with the guys that are running GLMX about coming to the District Races. If it were to happen it would instantly double the number of riders in BOTH series. END of story.

And if the minis were to show up and run you might start seeing things change over there. Run your three tracks. I'll be at them and the GLMX races enjoying the riding whenever possible.

I do understand money is tight and you have to pick and choose where you go. I put it out there to begin with as an option not a sales pitch.

DAVYS DAD
03-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I will take my boys anywhere to race.And 2 years ago I was all over amy to get minis on the big track,thats where WE came up with 10 or more to race glmx.It was the only way to make it happen.But its hard to get the minis to show up at glmx,10 say they will show so we all go,2 cant make it so we get stuck on the mini track or WE pay for GHOST RIDERS.d-14 LETS US ON THE BIG TRACK NO MATTER WHAT. SO EVERYONE QUIT PISSIN AND WHINING AND LETS GO RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

mINI QUADS ARE THE future and there parents give TONS OF SUPPORT.
As for bobs motivational speeches he is Blairs DAD,and it takes eyes and ears off ME:devil:

srxmiller
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Ok , Hotlz and I had a good conversation ,at resolved and good to go. So lets go racing, and. Start hoping for warmer weather.:D

djdfairchild
03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
sounds good, maybe next year we can try to setup a weekend and get all of the 20 plus d14 mini riders to goto a glmx race. show what we got.

03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Holy moly. Good reading. :p