View Full Version : How?!

vinnytobasco
03-23-2011, 02:40 PM
How in the heck do you get the nut and jam nut off the axle?Also how do you get the rotor and sprocket hubs off , are they a pressed fit ?I need to replace my stock axle with a lonestar extended one and its redicules, i'm not a complete noob. I have replaced the axle on my old lt500r quadzilla in the past with in an hour soo whats the secret ?Another thing is the right rear wheel has a ton of up and down and side to side play on the rear wheel hub, dose that mean my splines are bad on the stock axle? Thanks in advance guys help is much needed !

slightlybent47
03-23-2011, 02:48 PM
The jam nut will come off if you turn it the rite way.lol
You need to turn it downward to remove it, same with the lock nut.
The sprocket hub is just pressed on; you can take a piece of pipe and slip it over the axel and up against the hub and knock it back so you can get the c clip ring off and then drive it off in the other direction using the pipe.
The wheel hubs get lose but if they are in good shape you can tighten them up and they will be ok. That castle nut on the wheel hub has some slots in it, you need to remove the carter key and tighten it up and then put the carter key back in. that should take care of the wheel hub.

slightlybent47
03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
try this thread.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313721

slightlybent47
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
or this one.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359350

vinnytobasco
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the help! I was turning it the right way hahah i know at first i wasen't soo you aren't completely wrong there .But i did turn it all the way out then it just stoped and i was standing on it literaly , the nuts never came all the way off like they should have soo i'm stuck on what to do there.

CJM
03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
They cant come off all the way till remove the cir clip on the axle.

Heres how I do it. Remove right wheel, loosen lock nuts, remove circlip. Then yank off right hub (need iirc 1in socket, I use a 27mm that fits pretty good), then take off brake caliper, rotor and hub, then get off snap ring. Axle should slide right out.

Forgive me if the steps arent perfect but thats the general gist of it.

vinnytobasco
03-23-2011, 03:01 PM
AHHHHH that makes alot of sence :D !!!! Thanks a ton guys it should come off no problem now....... back to the garage haha .

vinnytobasco
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Comes right off when you take the snap ring off lol , thanks again guys!