PDA

View Full Version : Banshee problem

prettyboyrider
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Can someone help me i have a 96shee bored 60 over two into one carb sst pipes trinity head vforce 2 reeds dyno ignition stage four timing plate....she's very fast just had top end done....but she was fouling plugs had her rejetted she ran fine went riding the weekend fouled plug on right side it was black then she cut off bout fifth gear went to kick it the kicker was stuck.finally got her crunk she pulled hard first few gears but seemed fouled out last gears cut off.kicked again right side backfired......four wheeler sounded like plugs were fouled......help

Stark
03-24-2011, 10:18 AM
You said the kicker was stuck? Are you sure it wasn't heat seizing?

My 250r did that after I rebuilt it. It would run great until I let off the throttle. Even though I had the main jet set rich, my pilot jet was lean. When I would let off the gas, the pilot wouldn't let enough lube in to cool the piston/jug and it would seize on me.

After another hone and piston, I bumped the pilot up, richened the A/F screw and never had the problem again.

If I were you, I'd pull the heads off your 'she and see if you have any lines on your cylinder walls.

2 strokes are all about jetting.

prettyboyrider
03-24-2011, 03:41 PM
I think that May be the problem cause i hit sixth gear n Rollin hard then she cut off like it was out of gas kicker was stuck then got her crunk sounded like both plugs were fouled but they were new plugs.....backfired when kicked smoked a lil bit......i think it May be a jettin problem with my pilot n needles maybe what u think. ...

Stark
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM
You're on the right track now. But really, pull those heads off and see if you did any damage.

Use a good synthetic oil with your gas mix and stick with it. I ran 32:1 Pro Honda HP2 oil and it worked well for me.

Get yourself a few larger pilot jets, bump your pilot jet up 3 sizes from where you are now. If its too rich, back it down a size.

Best of luck to ya!

Stark
03-29-2011, 08:43 AM
How's the 'She coming along?

prettyboyrider
03-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Haven't had time to run threw her yet but since Im bout to go ported n polished and 4mill with bigger pistons n two big carbs Umma let the guys at f.a.s.t check it out.....