PDA

View Full Version : yfz450x shocks

RidgeRider
03-22-2011, 09:20 PM
would yfz450x shocks fit a yfz450 and would the yfz450r shocks fit with plus 2 a-arms?

Pappy
03-23-2011, 05:28 AM
I believe the answer is no. The shock mount isnt wide enough on the older yfz, so unless you made some changes to the shock etc they wont just bolt on. I havent tried the arms, but I would say the geometry would be off even if they would fit.

Kovatch
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
The YFZ450r shocks measure 18.25" eye to eye. Under most circumstances the LT shock for a YFZ is 18.5" give or a take BUT that depends on the a-arms. I know from experience if you have/had Houser +2 LT a-arms, the shock will be 18.5" long. This shock will bolt right up to a YFZ450r. You will not need to make any modifications. I've done it and am currently running this set-up. I noticed a huge difference. I do not think the .25" makes a big difference with regards to leverage ratios.

I do not know about the YFZ450r shocks on a YFZ with LT a-arms but given the fact the YFZ LT shocks work on a 450r... you make your own conclusion. I would think that do fit.

Just make sure the a-arms were for LT shocks and not standard travel. That will be the kicker.

Sometimes and I could be wrong, Walsh A-arms use a little bit longer of a shock.