PDA

View Full Version : REd foam gncc racers put under engine, between a arms etc

quadfmx
03-22-2011, 09:12 PM
i see this all the time at the races but cant find the foam i heard its uni but its not on their site, i tried several, duncan, Rocky mtn atv, i dont know where to get it, can someone give me a pointer, i thought GT thunder sold at one time but alot of his stuff isnt on his site

CanuckR
03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I can't tell you where exactly they get it. But its bascially just a medium denisty foam pad they cut to fit. I would check with some craft stores or like a fabric land or something like that too.
Just a thought
Derek

Burns310r
03-23-2011, 10:43 AM
What is the purpose of putting the foam there?

J.B.
03-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Keeps mud from caking in there.

jcs003
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
this is a good idea. the people who make the mud plugs (for wheels) probably have something.

CanuckR
03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Its been really popular with dirt bike guys for years. XC and MX guys use it. Prevents mud from packing under the shifters and on top of the skid plates and such.

deathman53
03-24-2011, 04:47 AM
you can get it at an industrial supplier much cheaper, MCacMaster is the first one I can thing of. Other uses for foam would be inside the gas tank, it keeps the fuel from sloshing around, it can be got much much cheaper from McarMaster or Summit racing than Evo. Its just military spec/ oil/fuel resistant foam that is used in race gas all the time, most of the military vehicles have it also. You want to make sure you get open celled foam, it will only take up 1-2% of fuel compacity.