PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 Will Not Start!!!

zukirder93
03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok so I drained my battery and broke my starter button at a race this past weekend. I got a new battery YTZ10S for a cbr600. and a dirt bike kill switch. If I am correct, for the new button to work you wire the kill switch into the black and red/white wires coming from the stock blob on the handle bars. I didnt solder them together because i wanted to make sure it was right so i just wrapped the wires around each other so they would at least touch. Still nothing when i hit the starter button. I hooked a battery tester to my starter and it tried to turn over but wouldnt start. I connected the solenoid posts with a screw driver and again it tried to turn over but would not start. What am I missing? Or maybe my starter or starter relay is bad? I check my fuses and they are fine

Pappy
03-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Have you reset the rollover switch?

chucked
03-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought only the new yfz450r's had roll over switches pappy?

chucked
03-25-2011, 09:14 PM
man, when you go hacking into the wires like that without knowing what you are doing you are asking for trouble. Find a wiring schematic. I dont think the stock start button supplied ground, it supplies power, but I could be wrong.

zukirder93
03-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I figured it out. When I wired up the dirtbike kill switch as my starter button i totally spaced the engine run/stop switch. Blond moment haha. It run great now