View Full Version : Odd chunk noise?

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, just finished my re-build, and now i have a slow speed chunking noise. It only happens every once and while. Its not any bearings, as they are all 100% fresh!! I am just really wondering what this could be....

01boneless
03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
my old quad did that and it turned out to be the chain clinking just a thought though

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
my old quad did that and it turned out to be the chain clinking just a thought though

Hm.... Where was it chunking???

01boneless
03-22-2011, 08:27 PM
just when you when slow turned out it was a stif chain and was to tight got a new oiled chain and it quit if it is your chain mabey just oil it? ps on your one thread the pic of u and your dog,i was wondering what kind of dog is that i want one bad!!! yours looked so loyal

mattl31
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Check your axle nut tyler, just spent the weekend down at the dunes and mine was insisting on coming loose so i ended up using some loc-tite on it.

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 08:36 PM
just when you when slow turned out it was a stif chain and was to tight got a new oiled chain and it quit if it is your chain mabey just oil it? ps on your one thread the pic of u and your dog,i was wondering what kind of dog is that i want one bad!!! yours looked so loyal

Yeah, i am gonna oil it up and loosen it and see how it does.

Its a Golden Retriever!! She is the best dog ever.... Dumber than a stump, but extremely loyal and the best behaved Dog i have ever seen.... It took years of training and blood, sweat and tears but she is a great dog now!!!

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by mattl31
Check your axle nut tyler, just spent the weekend down at the dunes and mine was insisting on coming loose so i ended up using some loc-tite on it.

I'll check it and make sure its tight. lol BTW, how do you know my name, i don't recall using it on here? lol

01boneless
03-22-2011, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trailrider894
Yeah, i am gonna oil it up and loosen it and see how it does.

Its a Golden Retriever!! She is the best dog ever.... Dumber than a stump, but extremely loyal and the best behaved Dog i have ever seen.... It took years of training and blood, sweat and tears but she is a great dog now!!! [/QUOTE ]

ya oil it up then try it :) i want one baddddd ima start looking at pounds

mattl31
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I'll check it and make sure its tight. lol BTW, how do you know my name, i don't recall using it on here? lol

i talked to you about your skorbordz number plates.....dont be such a post whore and you'll remember these things ;) jk bud!

NacsMXer
03-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Get a video of it making the sound on here, it would be easier to diagnose :)

trailrider894
03-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mattl31
i talked to you about your skorbordz number plates.....dont be such a post whore and you'll remember these things ;) jk bud!

Duh.... i remember now... sorry man. I do have just a few posts... :rolleyes:

NacsMXer, i'll see if i can get one....

01boneless
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
did you ever find the sound??

trailrider894
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
did you ever find the sound??

Yup, turns out it was me being stupid and forgetting to put the washers on one of my rear wheels for the lugs, they were just sliding around. Thanks for the help though guys!!!