PDA

View Full Version : WTB Front Axis shocks for Walsh chassis.

Lasher
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Getting close to race season and getting close to finishing my kids Walsh CRF. One of the last major items that I need are front shocks.

Unless they are a killer deal, I would need something that does not need major modifications to work. (Been down that road with the rear shock on my Walsh 250R).

According to Custom Axis, the proper shock length I need is 18 1/2 inches. I am not sure about the compressed length, but I do know the extended length.

If you have a set, let me know. I am trying to see what is out there before I just buy a new pair.

protrax
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I got a set of 18" axis for $400, you can adjust your shock mts on the walsh to accomodate

Lasher
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I typed the length wrong. I checked my emails from Micah at Axis and the front shocks are supposed to be 18.75 inches. Not sure of the compressed length yet.

protrax - I am asking Micah about using the adjustable shock towers to correct the length issue.

gtilley45
03-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
protrax - I am asking Micah about using the adjustable shock towers to correct the length issue.

I was told that you didn't want to set your ride height using only the shock towers, so I would think correcting a length issue would also be a no no. Please post back what the people at Axis tell you, I'd like to know.

On a side note........if you don't find what you're looking for, my Walsh YZ has PEPs on it that I'll probably sell when I get the money to buy some Fox. I'd probably let the PEPs go pretty cheap. I know you said you were looking for Custom Axis and I understand you aren't looking for PEPs, but I just thought I'd throw that out there just in case. :D

Lasher
03-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Here is what I found out from Micah at Custom Axis on the adjustable shock towers. You use them to set the chassis to not bottom out when fully compressed. Using the compressed length and 2x4 on the ground etc..etc...

Then you set the ride height by the pre-load.

Still trying to figure out options/cash flow on best approach for getting front shocks. I have looked into buying used, changing to the correct lengths and it still comes out roughly the same as buying new.

The extended length needed is 18.75
The compressed length needed is 13.5

protrax
04-09-2011, 06:24 AM
I got a full set of PEP shocks from a Walsh CRF I may be selling