PDA

View Full Version : What fits???

NMills
03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
ok... well since it seems i need new shocks... i was wondering what are my options... What fits with needing minor to no mods?? i heard the 450R are a good choice... but what do i need to do to them??? also... anything else out there good??

400exmxrider15
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
450r are a very good choice! If you really want some good suspension, you can have them sent to GT Thunder or C&D Racing and have them re-valve them and install some triple rate springs. I've heard some people saying that they are just as good as Elka's. They are much better than Works!!!I've rode a 400ex with just the stock 450r shocks and I swear, they handle so much better. Only downfall is the quads sits up about 1/2-3/4in higher....Btw, they have rebound &compression adjustment too!

CJM
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
450r shocks will fit with ease, knock the nut off the area inside the shock mount and replace with a carriage bolt and cut a slight bit of the shock mount away on the top. They are much nicer, bit stiff tho for some.

Also KFX450 shocks fit too, softer and lowers the ride a bit. These need to be cut on the top shock eye about 1/8 each side to fit the ex frame.

87HONDATRX250X
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
love my yfz 450 shocks i put on mine. Gives it a nice low mx stance and handles awesome! Got a vidoe of the install in directions. Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvP6QpYf3mA)