PDA

View Full Version : 250r front and rear plastic shipping helpppppppppppppppppppppppp

xtremelimit
03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
hey does anyone have an idea how much to ship a set of fenders would be ???

I have oem white 250r front fenders 200.
and oem rear white 250r 200.
i need a rough idea how much to ship so the buyer has an idea how much thanks ...

i am in ny long island lets say i wanted to send to cali worst case lol...

DnB_racing
03-22-2011, 09:41 AM
there is a shipping calculator on ups... you need the exact size of boxes and weight... the smaller the box the better, and if you can ship to a commercial building it usually cheaper,

without the box size it would be a guess... but my guess is around $65 per box

xtremelimit
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
thanks...

SRH
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
fenders are usually oversized and very expensive, and inch in box size can make a difference ofr 30-40 when your in oversize

Lasher
03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Both the UPS and USPS calculators are pretty close to what I pay at the counter for shipping.

But as others said, you need the weight and box size.

The box size is the most important. There is usually a weight range for shipping (once you get to bigger boxes). When I shipped my chassis to Walsh, I asked the lady if I removed weight from the box would it make a difference. She told me no, that with a box the size of the frame (swingarm/a-arms inside as well) that I had up to 150lbs.

SRH
03-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Lasher
Both the UPS and USPS calculators are pretty close to what I pay at the counter for shipping.

But as others said, you need the weight and box size.

The box size is the most important. There is usually a weight range for shipping (once you get to bigger boxes). When I shipped my chassis to Walsh, I asked the lady if I removed weight from the box would it make a difference. She told me no, that with a box the size of the frame (swingarm/a-arms inside as well) that I had up to 150lbs.

i shipped a chassi to pappy, ran into the same deal, she measured it 1 inch smaller put it in and it went from $92, down to $45

trompen542
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
maier plastic from ca to mi is about 100.00 the prices went way up with ups, and fedex this year on the over sized box