PDA

View Full Version : swapping from trx to ltr ?

quadfmx
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
thinking of trading my trx for a LTR both are 06's
I know what my quad is and it is heavily modified except motor, mine is more modified than the ltr,
i have an 06 er with kicker, it has the last suspension laeger built for borich etc, precison stabilier, new plastics never put on quad tech cf hood new, quad tech hump seat,

The only things it does not have is a non oem steering stem, oversized tank or national motor,
I was plenty fast enough with cam piston and slip on and hrc needle and lid,
anyways,
I want an Xc quad qould i be messing uo going to the ltr, i dont like first year quads but the 04 450R, i mean look at it

opinions, i think the suzuki s got good press cause borich's winning, when ballance was winning all i heard was yfz, just a side point im not knocking any quad

panici33
03-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Borich was also winning when he was on a Honda, and if Ballance went to any other brand in his prime he would have dominated too. My point is 90% of performance is on the rider not the machine. As far as what quad to go with, it's basically personal preference. The only "advantage" the Suzuki might have over the Honda would be fuel injection.

nkillian9
03-22-2011, 12:11 AM
i think the zuki makes for a dang good woods bike asfar as endurance goes, the ltr doesnt have to strong bottomend that most 450s do altho it will still run right with them in the holeshot, meaning they do get up to speed just as fast just dont feel like it, so when ur just lugging it around at a relatively fast pace u are less prone to tireing out. In a 2 hour race i think the ltr is great. just my opinion. But in the issue of dirt wheels when they ride borich they say it is set up more like and mx bike as far as power goes, well an fully built mx bike aint got that impressive of a bottom end either so maybe im thinking on the same lines as borich lol jk

92notch07
04-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Well i have always rode Honda's i rode my buddys 06 LTR and fell in love so two days later i sold my 05 450R and bought a 07 LTR and never looked back LTR are the way to go in my option.