PDA

View Full Version : 50cvt crash

thequadfather+2
03-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to the folks that called to check on Brady after his spill Sunday.

After we got home and watched the video I believe we were pretty lucky. He had a bruise the size of Texas on his hip, his neck and shoulder are sore but ok.

The crew initially asked if he wanted back on and he couldnt lift his right arm so they sat him down for a few minutes. I looked him over and asked if he wanted to finish and he said he wanted to try it so off he went. He made a lap and went to the trailer.

It looked like he was trying to drive it in on the inside comming down the hill and ran out of room. He was looking at the quad on the right and clipped the edge of the bank going into the turn.

As for the quad, we just added ATV Four-Play soft bars and the steering stem support before heading to the track....No bent stem and the bars are in perfect condition. Thanks Tom, great product.

I have more video from Mill Creek and should have it edited and posted in a couple days.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E57-nkwxG1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jfarrar30
03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
he is a trooper glad he is ok.

STOCKRACING917
03-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Gosh Bruce didn't realize it was him. Glad he is Ok. Hug Rebecca for me. I know she was needing it. See you soon.

P

don bassani
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow !!! That was a tumble! He must be a tough little guy.Glad that he is ok.

edwardsp&b
03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey Bruce, glad to hear he is ok. That was a pretty scary crash. Tell him that chicks dig bruises!!! LOL
Bryan

hwf-racing
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
He is a tough little guy to take a tumble like that, we talked about it on the gate before the 90cvt race and didn't know how bad it was till now. Good news he's doing good!!! Derek

thequadfather+2
03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys, I missed the accident because I had not got to the top of the hill but when I saw my wife running from the stands toward the track I knew something was up.

Derek, wait til you see the jump Hunter gets on the gate, just lost a little steam at the top of the hill. You can see him in Jordans helmet cam. I should have it up Wed.

Don, If he had DJ's balance he might have saved it!

Bryan, text me later this week. my phone crashed, lost your digits.

fastrnrik
03-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Ouch. That was quite a get off. My son was on the other green bike, we were next to you on the gate. I didnt see the crash because I was running up the hill also. That explains why someone told me my son crashed. I was like "No, he's right there". Guess they had their green bikes confused. I'm glad your son is ok. That clay is HARD!

hotquads1
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Glad to see Brady get right back on , he has alot of heart !

coffing918
03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow I didnt see that either! I didnt go up the hill! I watched from the bottom! I hope he is ok.

T@AFP
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Poor little dude. Glad he's ok.
Glad the parts held up too.
Sorry never had an opportunity to stop by and say hello.
It was " one if those" weekends for us. Except for the weather and no accidents. Everything went to the toilet for us.

thequadfather+2
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
yea ours wasnt much better Tom. I saw you down at the MaxRPM pit but everyone was busy so I didnt stick around. I feel your pain, we didnt finish any of the Friday practice sessions on the 90 and the cobra locked up the back brakes every time it hit the track... Brady stayed on the gas until it burned up the clutches.

Sunday morning we thought we had it all worked out...

To all you guys, thanks for the props and well-wishers. Brady reads this too.

asadad00
03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
looks the quad rolled over his head in that video, glad to hear he is fine. Did you say that was the 50 class, those things looked really fast for a 50cc ?

Rich243
03-23-2011, 02:36 AM
I was wondering what happened in the second moto. Glad Brady is ok. It looked brutal.

Did you figure out what was causing the brakes to lock on the cobra? We are fighting the same thing at the moment with Andrew's drr. We put the foot brake back on over the break and have had issues since. They will heat up and slowly lock up. We changed the master cyclinder and brake line and new pads last week. It was fine for 4 rides and it did it again on the fifth. I guess looking at the calipers now.

thequadfather+2
03-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by asadad00
looks the quad rolled over his head in that video, glad to hear he is fine. Did you say that was the 50 class, those things looked really fast for a 50cc ?

actually it did, he was face down and the nerf bar went across his upper back and right shoulder. You can see when he was standing there he didnt move his right arm. He is still really sore up around his shoulder blade.

As far as the 50 cvt class, yes they are fast. The entire group of kids are pretty good riders and its really competitive. 15 riders on the gate at Aonia and 16 on the gate in Alabama. If we pick up 4 more riders in Kentucky we will have a full gate in the 50 class, I dont think thats ever happened.

thequadfather+2
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Rich, our brakes just started this. It works fine for a while then they just lock and will not release until we crack the bleeder....Then they work fine again. I am just going to put on a new rear assembly.