PDA

View Full Version : PRM Swingarm Skidplate Defect

rooster300ex
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
The PRM rear swingarm skidplate for the 300ex does not allow u to use the stock brake rotor and have chain adjustment. I finally got everything together to fix my rear brakes and this naggin thing is settin me back. I thought PRM was the best.:mad:

CJM
03-21-2011, 12:41 PM
why not call them and complain?

Or be like me and place a few spacers in there and use longer bolts?

KFX450Rrider490
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
i dont remember having any problems with mine? id call them though, either that or buy mine..

rooster300ex
03-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by CJM
why not call them and complain?

Or be like me and place a few spacers in there and use longer bolts?

Already called them. I was just lettin people know before they buy one.

And the spacers i'm already running 18in fast trekkers on 10in rims. I need all the clearance i can get.

JohnBMS
03-22-2011, 09:03 AM
did you try to spin the carrier that the axle is on the top side, not the bottom, that ussually works, but you have to take the brake stay off to spin it and take that bolt out of the center of the swing arm. I sell lots of PRM parts and never have any problems

rooster300ex
03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by JohnBMS
did you try to spin the carrier that the axle is on the top side, not the bottom, that ussually works, but you have to take the brake stay off to spin it and take that bolt out of the center of the swing arm. I sell lots of PRM parts and never have any problems

PM sent

smr
03-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by JohnBMS

I tried to explain this to him on another forum....that should fix his problem. PRM is good stuff.

TCracin440ex
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Already called them. I was just lettin people know before they buy one.

And the spacers i'm already running 18in fast trekkers on 10in rims. I need all the clearance i can get.

hes not talkin bout wheel spacers goofbrain. hes talking about a spacer between the skid plate and the swing arm.

also you MIGHT have gotten the wrong skid plate. they might have grabbed a 400ex or 450r skid plate and sent to you. i wouldnt come on a forum dragging a good companys name thru the mud when its just a minor problem

another thing post a pic of what your talking about, you can describe it all day long but a pic is worth 1000 words.

LTandRaptorider
03-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
hes not talkin bout wheel spacers goofbrain. hes talking about a spacer between the skid plate and the swing arm.

also you MIGHT have gotten the wrong skid plate. they might have grabbed a 400ex or 450r skid plate and sent to you. i wouldnt come on a forum dragging a good companys name thru the mud when its just a minor problem

another thing post a pic of what your talking about, you can describe it all day long but a pic is worth 1000 words.

He was talking ground clearance, not wheel spacers. He said he's running 18" tires, so not much ground clearance for putting spacers on his skid plate.

PRM is the best, but otherwise cool to let peeps know they might have a prob with that quad and setup.

rooster300ex
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

Ya i'm talkin about ground clearance. I'm not a newb. I like prm. They have great stuff.