PDA

View Full Version : atv racing slipping away?

atvracin74
03-20-2011, 09:24 PM
tell me what you thinking about the subject... my thought is that its slowly getting better but still jacked because of the recent recesson... but i want to hear what you think

slightlybent47
03-20-2011, 09:40 PM
I think most sports have there up’s and down’s. That along with the economy has hurt the sport tremendously. Sponsors pulling out to save money doesn’t help ether.

trailrider894
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Read the 100's of previous threads about this topic. Its not that i am a jerk, just kills me to see more threads like this. If it bothers people, then promote it!!!

P.S.

Today isn't my day, normally i am a nice guy but i am feeling kind pissed off.

madskrillz2
03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Read the 100's of previous threads about this topic. Its not that i am a jerk, just kills me to see more threads like this. If it bothers people, then promote it!!!

P.S.

Today isn't my day, normally i am a nice guy but i am feeling kind pissed off.

So why didn't you just not post rather than be an @ss and then explain why you're being an @ss? Makes a lot of sense.

But it's not just quads. Look at the bikes compared to how they were in the past. If Chad Reed doesn't have a factory ride, you know money is tight.

Tommy Warren
03-21-2011, 07:35 AM
here we go!:macho

trailrider894
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
here we go!:macho

ha ha i don't know what was with me last night. I was in a really pissy mood. I am sorry if i came across that way, its damn near embaressing.

I think that people complain and whine about our sport getting smaller, but they don't ever do anything to help it expand.

I talked to my local news agency, and they run a section on saturdays about quad racing and they keep up on my small teams standings. They interview us for our wins, and also come out with the camera and take videos.

Talk to your local newspaper!! Post ads for races at your school, local gas stations, grocery stores, tell people about the sport!! Write a paper for school on how the sport is declining and what people should do to help.

As a thought in general, if people spent as much time trying to fix the problem, as much as they talk about, OUR WORLD WOULD BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!

lasher45
03-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I've lost track how many threads there are about the decline of ATV racing :rolleyes:

Everything has its ups and downs, and with everything going on in the world right now people have less money to spend on hobbies.

quad2xtreme
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I could go on and on about how many members aren't ATVA members or Blue Ribbon Coalition members or donate any money to any of the organizations trying to keep riding areas open, etc. There are always lots of people with ideas on what others could do...amazing how many smart people we have working in the think tank who never do anything to help promote the sport.

Not everything costs either. Take those old magazines to your dentist and doctor's offices. Every bit of promotion helps. Doesn't cost a dime to email your representatives when the call goes out from the Blue Ribbon Coalition either.

/jon

atvracin74
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Before i posted this i really started looking at how much has gone on bringing it down.... The main thing is that we have basicly 0 tv time... People just don't know about it... When people hear i race atvs they think its one big joke ,but yet when they see me riding in a field at the edge of town they say it's amazing! When the money got tight alot of company balled out... Honda dropped alot of rider's and hasn't put out a new bike in like 6 year's? What i'm getting at is there that the money isn't so much their as it once was... The more people we can get out there the better racing will become plain and simple... I just can't stand this sport to slip away, and i know just about any on this site will agree.

graydevil
03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
I feel that its still rising but just not in the spotlight, if more tv or radio stations or big promoters would spread the word out you would see a diffrence.

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by graydevil
I feel that its still rising but just not in the spotlight, if more tv or radio stations or big promoters would spread the word out you would see a diffrence.

I think that we all just need to start something to help make it all get better... There has to be a way to get ESPN, to atleast get a NEATV or WORCS race on there... I mean, have you seen the B.S. on that station recently???

atvracin74
03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I think that we all just need to start something to help make it all get better... There has to be a way to get ESPN, to atleast get a NEATV or WORCS race on there... I mean, have you seen the B.S. on that station recently??? I agree for some reason lawn mower racing made it on??? don't understand how,but maybe we could send some email's in asking for a quick little segment... who knows maybe a channel may take a liking to it and add even more stuff on it!

wanna_race1
03-22-2011, 07:50 PM
i don't think it's declining, i dont remember a time when it was up to begin a decline.

trailrider894
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by atvracin74
I agree for some reason lawn mower racing made it on??? don't understand how,but maybe we could send some email's in asking for a quick little segment... who knows maybe a channel may take a liking to it and add even more stuff on it!

I am gonna post a new thread... Please comment on it.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2011, 12:42 AM
While Im all for seeing oour sport on all the good sport channels, have you ever prices what it costs for a 30 minute section on those channels ? Its outrageous .

What I dont understand is how some of the redneck racing gets the air time . :p LOL

Pappy
03-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Decline? Not a huge decline so far at the first 4 national events and 3 WORCS, but the entry numbers are down and with this economy it is to be expected. Look for district and regional series to hold better numbers or even show some growth, if anyone hasnt noticed, nationals arent what they used to be as the better regional series offer almost as much press and $$.

TV time cost alot of bucks. The $$ just isnt there nor is the viewing numbers needed for a company to pick up the tab for an entire season.

BlaineKaiser450
03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
ATV racing seems like its becoming pretty dead to me, with barely any factory support and Suzuki not even making the LTR anymore

atvracin74
03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I am gonna post a new thread... Please comment on it. what is it called?

feuerstack411
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
The WPSA was deff the high point of our sport.

If you think back to how ATV racing was before 2003 and the YFZ450, you realize how far ATV racing has come

dan harris
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
I think that people complain and whine about our sport getting smaller, but they don't ever do anything to help it expand.

I talked to my local news agency, and they run a section on saturdays about quad racing and they keep up on my small teams standings. They interview us for our wins, and also come out with the camera and take videos.

Talk to your local newspaper!! Post ads for races at your school, local gas stations, grocery stores, tell people about the sport!! Write a paper for school on how the sport is declining and what people should do to help.

As a thought in general, if people spent as much time trying to fix the problem, as much as they talk about, OUR WORLD WOULD BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!
I agree - too many people expect other people or TV to promote OUR sport. If everyone on here actually did something to promote our sport outside of the sport - like sending pics to the newspaper - posting events on facebook - you don't realize the impact YOU could have! When's the last time you sent in a picture of your favorite track to a riding magazine !! Newspapers are always looking for stuff to print - especially small local papers. Send them a pic and the results from your last race - don't forget to add when and where your next race is. WE can ALL be Promotors of this great sport if we put some effort into it !

atvracin74
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
I agree - too many people expect other people or TV to promote OUR sport. If everyone on here actually did something to promote our sport outside of the sport - like sending pics to the newspaper - posting events on facebook - you don't realize the impact YOU could have! When's the last time you sent in a picture of your favorite track to a riding magazine !! Newspapers are always looking for stuff to print - especially small local papers. Send them a pic and the results from your last race - don't forget to add when and where your next race is. WE can ALL be Promotors of this great sport if we put some effort into it ! you nailed that one! It's people like you who are keeping the sport alive!

trailrider894
03-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by atvracin74
you nailed that one! It's people like you who are keeping the sport alive!

Exactly.... Something else, we need to not be bike bashers... I am sick of being bashed by the bike guys... I wanna just kill em with kindness...