PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins rear shock-few ?'s

BULLET99Z28
03-20-2011, 06:24 PM
My parts bike came with an Ohlins rear shock, and i currently dont have a rear shock. I am really thinking about having it sent in and serviced and setup for me and the bike. I'm thinking it will be less to have this done than buying a used factory or aftermarket and still paying for service work. Its comp/rebound adjustable, and in decent shape.

What do you guys think about Ohlins, i really don't see them around anymore(on quads anyway). The quad will be used for recreational riding and harescramble/xc and maybe light mx once in a while.

250Renvy
03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Ohlins are good shocks. They are more of an international product though, so that's why I don't think you see them much here - Swedish made.

If you are interested in selling let me know I have been looking for an ohlins stock rear for a while.

Stock OEM shocks are really quite good too - almost as good as any aftermarket if they are rebuilt/revalved.

Lasher
03-21-2011, 09:08 AM
My 89 came with an Ohlins rear shock. I had it converted to TCS valving and it was a great shock and I raced MX with it.

I would send it out to some one to have it re-valved for your weight and use. (or sell it to some one who is willing to pay your price of replacement) :)

BULLET99Z28
03-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys. I think I might just send it in to Ohlins USA and have them service it and set it up for me. I think I may need and 86 length dogbone though, as I am using an 88 style swingarm/linkeage setup on this build. Or can the shock be shortened a tad to 87-89 specs? I can't seem to find info on the factory shock length differences.

mohler
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
send them to pps in NC, i have some shocks done by him and they are great. stig peterson is the owner he is the one that made ohlins big in the US.