PDA

View Full Version : need awnser qwick

nelzar13
03-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Does the ex charge your batery as you ride? Left my key on last night and just went to start my quad...dead battery to make it worse im suposed to go ride in 20 minutes help! Can I jump it and let it run so it charges?

Scro
03-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, it does charge.

slightlybent47
03-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Jump it or pull start it and ride it awhile.

nelzar13
03-20-2011, 05:01 PM
thanks guys....

Despite what should happen ( my battery charging) it didnt for some reason. ill search the forums for answers. Anyways prob. my worst riding day ever any ways. started off with the dead battery that was my fault. then on our return trip chain fell off and got pinched up in my front sprocket. so i got that out, then from that point on i had to limp out since i didnt bring any tools chain fell off about 8 more times after that. stalled it once in a rock garden trying to baby it through and keep tension on the chain so it wouldn't jump off the sprocket. i then found out it is really hard to push start a quad with a really loose chain...
moral of the story when a day doesnt feel right dont bother going riding. o yea bring a tool kit and dont be a retard like me ! i need a beer

NMills
03-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Bad days suck man....

honda400ex2003
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
sounds like maybe the proper maintenance took you by surprise. :ermm:

could check the stator and the rectifier. since it ran ok after it was started i would say that the rectifier is bad on it

The volt meter should show around 12-13V getting sent to your battery when the bikes at around 5,000 RPM. If it shows much less or none than your regulator/rectifier is bad.

steve

nelzar13
03-21-2011, 04:49 AM
yep maintenance def got me.. this was the first ride of the year for me and it was not planned very far in advance so i didnt have time to go over my normal checklist.... o well parts on order and lesson learned... ill check out the rectafire steve. thanks for the info

Chuck75
03-21-2011, 05:48 AM
its your battery. mine did the same after sitting all winter. it would start all winter long and the day I get ready to ride, the damn thing dyes out. the charging system was putting out 14 volts so on the way to Rancho I stopped at the parts house and bought one. installed at Rancho and jump started and rode all day with no more issues.

slightlybent47
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Could be a bad cell in the battery.