PDA

View Full Version : gncc pro s on hondas

quadfmx
03-19-2011, 10:56 PM
what xci and then xc2 for that matter are still on trx
didnt ockerman switch back

what happened to 784 sommers he was y favorite or one of hate to see him set out s year

finsteratv
03-20-2011, 12:09 AM
what channel is GNCC on? ive been looking for it! versus?speed?

rpfeifer11
03-20-2011, 06:24 AM
It's on versus. The show is called Racer TV.

ZBlaster
03-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Brian Wolf, Donnie Ockerman, Sloan Jackson, Craig Bowman, and Jarrod McClure are still on Hondas in XC1.... Lot's of XC2 guys still run them.

XCRacer236
03-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
Brian Wolf, Donnie Ockerman, Sloan Jackson, Craig Bowman, and Jarrod McClure are still on Hondas in XC1....

all Privateers too.. lmao!

Dave400ex
03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236

Why is this funny?

ZBlaster
03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236

There is VERY little factory support left anymore.

Borich DOES NOT ride for Suzuki, FRE is really not a FACTORY type deal for KTM, Really Ballance Racing's deal with Yamaha, and Can Am are the only ones I would consider factory.

fastredrider44
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Why is this funny?

It's not.

jb500ex
03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
There is VERY little factory support left anymore.

Borich DOES NOT ride for Suzuki, FRE is really not a FACTORY type deal for KTM, Really Ballance Racing's deal with Yamaha, and Can Am are the only ones I would consider factory. the press releases suzuki has put out after borichs two wins say otherwise. how is ballances deal more factory the fre or borich. if bill was factory he would be running gytr stuff which he isnt he isnt getting anymore then what borich or fre is

ZBlaster
03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
the press releases suzuki has put out after borichs two wins say otherwise. how is ballances deal more factory the fre or borich. if bill was factory he would be running gytr stuff which he isnt he isnt getting anymore then what borich or fre is

Atleast Ballance racing and his whole crew is listed on the racing section of the Yamaha website ;)

Borich is definitely not working a deal with Suzuki like he was, there was a big deal this winter over them dropping their support on him, Yoshi and Makita are doing more this year then Suzuki but of course they are going to list him on their press releases its good for business.

FRE is not even really that affiliated with KTM. They use KTM quads, but receive VERY little assistance from them. I have a good buddy who is running XC2 getting assistance from FRE and using their graphics/setups and they don't even have KTM Factory Racing on their graphics this year, just the Farr Racing Enterprises logo.

jb500ex
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Atleast Ballance racing and his whole crew is listed on the racing section of the Yamaha website ;)

Borich is definitely not working a deal with Suzuki like he was, there was a big deal this winter over them dropping their support on him, Yoshi and Makita are doing more this year then Suzuki but of course they are going to list him on their press releases its good for business.

FRE is not even really that affiliated with KTM. They use KTM quads, but receive VERY little assistance from them. I have a good buddy who is running XC2 getting assistance from FRE and using their graphics/setups and they don't even have KTM Factory Racing on their graphics this year, just the Farr Racing Enterprises logo. lmao because bill is listed on the site thats your reason lmao. just a little hint why did bill get a bunch of new sponsors last season, the answer because yamaha cut him way back and he had to make up for it in other ways. borich is sponsored by suzuki and i laugh at your quote yoshi makita got more involved. do you know who runs suzukis race teams. do you know who own suzukis race team semi's. when you figure that out maybe why what you wrote is funny.

Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Chris Borch is Two-for-Two in 2011 GNCC
Chris Borich Piloted His LTR450R ATV to a Win at General GNCC

Rockstar Makita Suzuki's Chris Borich is off to a start of a perfect season with first two rounds of 2011 GNCC
Brea, CA (3/15/2011) - Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Chris Borich claimed his second win in as many weeks with a come-from-behind victory at the Maxxis General GNCC – round two of the 2011 Can-Am Grand National Cross Series in Washington, Georgia.
The Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider ran second for most of the race after getting off the line in third, but Borich turned up the wick on his Suzuki QuadRacer R450 to make a final lap to pass on early leader Chris Bithell, taking the lead and the win.

“That last lap – I knew it was going to be pretty much a free-for-all,” Borich said of his battle with Bithell. “I pulled up alongside of him a couple of times, but he had a wheel on me so I let him go. Then when we got to the motocross track, I went under him in one of the turns and took the lead on my Suzuki.”

Borich, the reigning ATV XC1 champion, rode his Suzuki QuadRacer R450 to victory just last week in round one of the GNCC series, giving him a perfect 2-for-2 record so far this season. With the two victories, Borich will carry a 14-point lead in the series standings into the third round of the series in Morganton, North Carolina on March 26th.

300racer
03-22-2011, 12:11 PM
i thought suzuki wasn't helping him this year either. he used to have a rockstar makita suzuki wrap on his trailer and it is not on there anymore. but either if he is or isn't he is still the man and has that suzuki figured out!

ZBlaster
03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
i thought suzuki wasn't helping him this year either. he used to have a rockstar makita suzuki wrap on his trailer and it is not on there anymore. but either if he is or isn't he is still the man and has that suzuki figured out!

They AREN'T.

http://www.q u a d z o n eforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41220&highlight=suzuki+school

http://www.exriders.com/archive/topic/447319-1.html

Read through there, as well as the 500 other articles on the topic, JB even posted in there.

THERE IS NO FACTORY SUZUKI SUPPORT, HELL THERE ISN'T EVEN A 2011 LT-R450 IN THE US.

They had to pull all the ones still on dealership floors because they couldn't pass EPA inspections, the only reason the RM-Z450 is still in production is because it's classified as a "RACE ONLY" machine.

Bill is still considered a factory rider by Yamaha, Ballance racing is a team under Yamaha as Yoshi/Rockstar/Makita Suzuki was under Suzuki before they pulled out. If you go by that whats on his quad why did Borich never run the Suzuki branded bumpers, nerfs, etc that where available from them? They will go by what works best.

Of course Suzuki is going to keep putting him in the press releases, it's good business. Hell if you could claim the top rider in the country because he was on your machine wouldn't you?