PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with everyone bailing on the Trx40R

quadfmx
03-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Can Am seems to have their issues sorted out or mosty anyway, i thought KTM had a good bike all along and no one would touch the suzuki til borich;s second year?

i se full built Hondas national engines LT walsh or houser laeger etc, fox fox, hipers wheels, and they are selling to start over with a stock quad,

I know the trx needs some updates but its dependable,
I have no problem beating these other quads,

now i got to admit and i have said this since it came out if they got the suzuki setup right it would be tough

whats going on with the honda i see very expenesive suspension parts on ebay for cheap b/c [people are racing something else
someone please fill me in, i was out of scene for a bit an d it must have been longer than i thought

DnB_racing
03-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by quadfmx

whats going on with the honda i see very expenesive suspension parts on ebay for cheap b/c [people are racing something else
someone please fill me in, i was out of scene for a bit an d it must have been longer than i thought I really dont see very many real quality parts being that cheap... maybe some parts that are worn and some decent leftover deals ...but I wouldnt call it cheap.

unless i missed something

smoke tractor1
03-20-2011, 09:25 AM
If you'll watch the majority of those who switched are going back to honda's, theres money in canam's but most guys are figuring out it isn't worth it to finish worst and then you have alot that think the grass is greener! so buy all those cheap that you can use because they're going to go back up!Ride Red!The 04-05 are already going up that's going to be next 250r in a few more years!Buy all the good frames you can find cheap that aren't broke!

300ex_#387
03-20-2011, 11:21 AM
It seems to me a lot of people are going back to honda.

89trx250r
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
yeah idk if your speaking from a mx stand point or a xc standpoint but i was just looking over the results of round 2 of nationals and top 2 were can-am obviously and the next 6 riders were all on honda's

atvracin74
03-20-2011, 10:06 PM
you was out for a few years? well let me explain what has happened... nothing... honda has not put out a new built bike in year's they dropped riders and for awhile and even now still gave up on atv's stickin to the mx bikes... while that all went down all the other company's kept with the atv's putting out new bikes and adding riders... since honda has basicly put off everything (due to the recent harder years) people switched to the bikes with the more up to date stuff... as for me ima stick with my 06 450r :) as for cheaper part's big deal that just means we spend even less!

KEVIN132
03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
ill die red!!!!:devil:

smoke tractor1
03-20-2011, 10:20 PM
I might have to switch to when honda stops making parts for them like my old 250R, but then again I've got enough parts for it hoarded up to get it back out for another couple of years past when all the 450 parts are used up!Man that gets me wound up just thinking about the smell of KLOTZ and Race Fuel,OOOH!I had to take the wheels and chain off it so I wouldn't keep switching back to it from my 450's,It's rough!

Ellingsoc26
03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by atvracin74
you was out for a few years? well let me explain what has happened... nothing... honda has not put out a new built bike in year's they dropped riders and for awhile and even now still gave up on atv's stickin to the mx bikes... while that all went down all the other company's kept with the atv's putting out new bikes and adding riders... since honda has basicly put off everything (due to the recent harder years) people switched to the bikes with the more up to date stuff... as for me ima stick with my 06 450r :) as for cheaper part's big deal that just means we spend even less!

Byrd is getting help from honda this year so ya pay attention there lil guy

SHIFTx450
03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
HONDA!!!

89trx250r
03-21-2011, 12:59 PM
yea elling its funny you said that cause when i was looking over byrd's list of sponsors American Honda was listed and it made me stoked

quadfmx
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
i just noticed on thiefbay pro left over parts and used prts for hondas are way less than say an ltr
I had a laeger swingarm from borich with used linkage, new bearings in swingarm and linkage, swinarm was new, did get a bid at 500 with the shock custom built for it, ridiculous,
a guy on QZ has the same swinger cracked and re welded 2-3 time and no shock and wants 800,
I was going to part mine out but pretty much decided to keep it b/c the parts were going for so low,
i mean besides a national motor and oversize tank my quad has everything any A class quad does prob, with motor work and tank it would be xc2 or upper A definitely and i just cant see selling for 4500, when if u bought new a-arms shocks linkage and rear shock, not even swingarm its over 4k from tiexera tech

any more opinions

DnB_racing
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by quadfmx
i just noticed on thiefbay pro left over parts and used prts for hondas are way less than say an ltr
I had a laeger swingarm from borich with used linkage, new bearings in swingarm and linkage, swinarm was new, did get a bid at 500 with the shock custom built for it, ridiculous,
a guy on QZ has the same swinger cracked and re welded 2-3 time and no shock and wants 800,
I was going to part mine out but pretty much decided to keep it b/c the parts were going for so low,
i mean besides a national motor and oversize tank my quad has everything any A class quad does prob, with motor work and tank it would be xc2 or upper A definitely and i just cant see selling for 4500, when if u bought new a-arms shocks linkage and rear shock, not even swingarm its over 4k from tiexera tech

any more opinions just because one person is asking for $800 doest mean hes going to get it!
The parts for the Honda have always been going for the same prices... ya you will get better deals on high end parts for any quad.. as the economy is in the tank

Ive been watching suspension for three years now for trx and it really hasn't changed in price all that much!every now and then there are deals,, but that holds true for just about anything really

on any used part your lucky to get 40 percent on the price of new.. unless your well established for selling like new quality parts... then most people are weary to put the big bids on an unknown seller and product

so there are a lot of variables that drive the price,, not just that its from trx

and everyone thinks there used parts are worth more then they really are!!

I doesnt matter the type of quad any used quad that has parts that you spent $20000 building and used it,,,, you would still only get between 5-6000. if lucky!!
times are great for buying high end quads. if you can afford it!

atvracin74
03-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
Byrd is getting help from honda this year so ya pay attention there lil guy ok one rider is getting help from a company who shoulda never dropped him in the first place... I'm not mouthing it all I'm saying is that atv racing isn't really as good as it once was and I'm afraid it might not ever get back to that ,and it seems like my favorite company isn't doing as much as what they should be

New450r
03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
That shouldnt be a surprise look what they did to Ricky Carmichael they droped him just like that Honda has a bad habit of this soon like with Carmichael they might regret it. Like if Suzuki offers him more to ride for them.