PDA

View Full Version : Moto X-perts

JoePA
03-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I just wanted to give the folks at Moto-Xperts a kudos for the excellent work they did on a set of shocks I sent them.

My brother is racing my old 04 YFZ450. the quad had pretty much everything done to it except suspension. So with him racing MX this year we really needed to do something with the stocks. We looked at every option, even got a set on ebay and that was a disaster. I finally saw a post on here about the Moto-xpert guys and decided to drop them a line. I talked to Toby the owner and we discussed what I wanted and assured me he can hook me up.

So I get home and ship them out to Toby and the fine crew at Moto-xperts. I gave it a few days to make sure that Toby got the shocks and when I calle dhe said.."yep they are here and ready to shipp back to you tomorrow!!"" Now that was some quick service.

We finally got a chance to ride the quad today and let me tell you. Teh difference between the stockers and Moto-xperts shock conversion is night and day! I can ride the quad SO much fast now and it just floats over everything. I really pushed the quad to see how it would handle and they were so good it makes me want to get my old quad back!!

If you are thinking about upgrading but don't want to have to refinance your home....Give Toby a call!! I won't say the price on the net but I can tell you this. You WON"T find a better price anywhere on the net....trust me I tried!!! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

XCRacer236
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
NO WAY in HELL would ANYTHING of mine ever end up at MXP. I am glad they did something for you, but around here, you will hear NOTHING but horror stories.

Dave400ex
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
I would like to hear these stories. Always two sides. Mistakes happen. I have dealt with Toby well before he became a big name. I have never had an issue with any work he has performed.

JoePA
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I would like to hear these stories as well. With Toby and the Crew at MXP I've only had Excellent communication, excellent turnaround time and everything I wanted and more.

**** ahappens there is no doubt about that but everyone blames the shop right away. This just happend the other day at the track. A kid was there and he had a hard time starting his bike. I said..Time for valves! He said they were just put in by our local shop. Right away he says those guys sucks...blahm blah blah, Anyway, I said WELL did you do make sure your jetting is right?, how many turns out on the Air screw? Claen your air filter lately? Baiscly the answer was no. After a few minutes of showing him how to adjust his carb and use the hot start the bike fires on half a kick!

MOTO-XPERTS
03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
XCRacer236,

I would also like to here these horror stories and address them personally. Please let us know. We take pride in our work and our customer service and do not like to leave anything unresolved.

Thanks,

Toby@mxp

XCRacer236
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I am not trying to start anything. I dealt with Toby back in 2008 for something small and did not have any problems. But, I have heard of issues of communication between shop and customer, things being done wrong, people not getting parts they ordered, and a few other things. I am not here to throw anyone under the bus, although it may have sounded that way in my original post. I guess my loyalty just lies with other people. Sorry for any misunderstanding or if I upset anyone.

ZRider400
03-25-2011, 05:46 PM
....... anyway....

Post up some pics of the shock conversion, id like to see what setup was done.

Wonder if its close to the race tech type setup with the spring kit / new valving..etc

JoePA
03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
The qulaity of the pics aren't great as they are from my phone but to give you an idea. After riding this quad with these shocks I REALLy want a YFZ again with the Moto X-perts shock conversion!!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/1BAD400/Photo03292233.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/1BAD400/Photo03292232.jpg

Scro
03-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
I am not trying to start anything. I dealt with Toby back in 2008 for something small and did not have any problems. But, I have heard of issues of communication between shop and customer, things being done wrong, people not getting parts they ordered, and a few other things. I am not here to throw anyone under the bus, although it may have sounded that way in my original post. I guess my loyalty just lies with other people. Sorry for any misunderstanding or if I upset anyone.

So you've dealt with him one time, had no issues, and now you're bashing them from what you heard from other people? That was a fairly bold statement considering it was about something that didn't concern you personally. His response to you speaks volumes, in my eyes.

Pappy
03-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Toby has bent over backwards for us, cant say enough good about him or the guys at the shop. I have no doubt someone will have or has had issues, every shop cant please everyone all the time.

There are but a handfull of companies that I would recommend, Toby and the crew rates very high on that list.

btodd
05-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I have dealt with moto-xperts since the early days, and I believe the service there was once good, at least it was the first time I brought my quad in there. The second and third times I had nothing but problems, and my last time was the final straw. I won't go into details because last time I told my horror story I was personally attacked on another forum by the moto-xperts goons. They do a pretty good job at getting all of the negative replies taken off of the forums.

89trx250r
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Lol so what Im getting from this post is two kids who claim to have bad experiences one kid straight up admitted he didn't have any problems personally and now you come along btodd with more "horror stories" that you can't share although the owner of the company replied and asked for details seems like you just like to make stuff up I mean I can understand xc racer talking **** cause it says rocketry right in his sig but IMO if your gonna talk **** at least tell the reason why...

btodd
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I have nothing to do with any shops. I have shared my horror story before, but last time I did that somebody from moto-xperts looked me up on facebook, stole a picture off my account, and made fun of my vehicle. Even if they weren't working for moto-xperts, somebody at moto-xperts must have told them about me because my username had nothing to do with my actual name. If that's the conduct from a shop you trust, that's your business. All I am doing is expressing my opinion. I don't really give a s*** if you want to believe me or not, but last time I went through this the thread ended up getting deleted.

JoePA
05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
btodd,
At first i was going to look at this from a different point of view but I see that your 2 post count consists of registering here on the boards to make a point of telling people that Moto-Xperts are bad. No reason why just they are bad and someone from Moto-Xperts took a photo of yours and made fun of it???!!!! Seriously?

let me tell you my story then.........

I've been having some suspension issues with my 250R, you can look it up in the 250R boards if you wish and after several pages of back and forth with the fine members here we've narrowed it down to a rear spring rate issue.

So I get on the horn with Moto-Xperts and who answers the phone...Toby! I tell Toby who I am and he remembers me and what I ordered in the past and asked if everything was OK. I tell him everything is excellent with my previous purchase but looking for some assistance in a rear spring rate issue. He asked to fill him in on what was up so I did and he gave me his recomendation. At this point in the conversation did not ask to purchase anything just looking for his input into my issue. I told him i would get back with him once I figured out what I currently had for a rear spring weight and decide then what to do.

Now the owner answered the phone and remembered who i was and wanted to make sure that everything was OK!!!! Then proceded to help me out on an issue with a shock that I didn't even purchase from them!!! They'll get my business again, again and again!

btodd.....I don't know WHAT happened to you but I can tell you this. EVERY time I called and spoke to either Toby or Arron at the shop they were very professional, knowledgable and willing to go out of thier way to make sure that I got what I needed or point me in the right direction to make it happen. For that I will ALWAYS go to Moto-Xperts for what I need.

Is every place of business perfect...no BUT when a company like Moto-Xperts strives for perfection on every level, that says something.

btodd
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Well if you've had good luck there, I'm glad for you. I'm not trying to wish anything bad on anybody, just giving my opinion based on experiences.

2001400exrida
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
And you're both from Indiana, geee, hmmm?

On another note, do you guys ever go to badlands? I was there a couple weekends ago it rocked! I heard that motoxperts is moving to badlands. My buddy is getting his yfz shocks done there.

scotturban
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JoePA
btodd,
At first i was going to look at this from a different point of view but I see that your 2 post count consists of registering here on the boards to make a point of telling people that Moto-Xperts are bad. No reason why just they are bad and someone from Moto-Xperts took a photo of yours and made fun of it???!!!! Seriously?

let me tell you my story then.........

I've been having some suspension issues with my 250R, you can look it up in the 250R boards if you wish and after several pages of back and forth with the fine members here we've narrowed it down to a rear spring rate issue.

So I get on the horn with Moto-Xperts and who answers the phone...Toby! I tell Toby who I am and he remembers me and what I ordered in the past and asked if everything was OK. I tell him everything is excellent with my previous purchase but looking for some assistance in a rear spring rate issue. He asked to fill him in on what was up so I did and he gave me his recomendation. At this point in the conversation did not ask to purchase anything just looking for his input into my issue. I told him i would get back with him once I figured out what I currently had for a rear spring weight and decide then what to do.

Now the owner answered the phone and remembered who i was and wanted to make sure that everything was OK!!!! Then proceded to help me out on an issue with a shock that I didn't even purchase from them!!! They'll get my business again, again and again!

btodd.....I don't know WHAT happened to you but I can tell you this. EVERY time I called and spoke to either Toby or Arron at the shop they were very professional, knowledgable and willing to go out of thier way to make sure that I got what I needed or point me in the right direction to make it happen. For that I will ALWAYS go to Moto-Xperts for what I need.

Is every place of business perfect...no BUT when a company like Moto-Xperts strives for perfection on every level, that says something.

boom! Thats awesome, and Thats why my kawi motor is there right now

JoePA
06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm sure that kawi will RUN when they get done wiht it!!

I've been beating up poor Todd lately with questions....I'm waiting for him to say...JUST SEND THOSE DAMN SHOCK TO BE ALREADY AND QUIT PUTZING AROUND!!!