PDA

View Full Version : Exaust tape?

TheLane
03-17-2011, 04:38 PM
How would you guys temporarily seal a split exaust? pipe clamp and tape?

by temporary i mean 5 days.

heres a picture to help )))))))I))))))) thats if your looking at it from the side split ^

fancy pictures huh? and its split to the point where its disconnected. I was thinking a pipe clamp and exaust tape.

dehner47
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
take it to your local muff dealer and they will weldi t up for ya. that way it look like this.... ))))))))))))))))

TheLane
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
LMAO! thats awesome, I dont want to weld it because its going to be sent back to POPO in a week, the part is on order under warranty, so im looking for a quick fix thats removable.

CJM
03-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Exhaust tape really aint gonna seal it all to well. So you either ride it as is or weld it up.

bbender85
03-18-2011, 07:40 AM
cut the ends off of a food can and trim the circumfrence to fit, then a clamp on each side of the split... running this setup on my truck at the moment, lol. won't be perfect put i'd think it'd work. keep an eye on the spark plug and make sure you're not leaning it out too much.

krt400ex
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bbender85
cut the ends off of a food can and trim the circumfrence to fit, then a clamp on each side of the split... running this setup on my truck at the moment, lol. won't be perfect put i'd think it'd work. keep an eye on the spark plug and make sure you're not leaning it out too much.

that and some some high temp silicone on the inside of the can to seal it may actually work.