PDA

View Full Version : Needle to rich?

K-Dub
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Got my PC2000 265 out for the first actual ride today. Playing in the woods and down the back road behind my house. Coming up the back road WFO through the gears, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pull from the shift to just before the limiter. When I hit 5th it pulls hard then just holds for a second or 2 then hits again. Same when I make the shift to 6. Not letting off to shift just using the clutch. I know it should be 100% on the main all the way through the gears. Is it just taking that second to pull enough pressure to make the power valve open in 5th and 6th? This is my first non mechanical power valve. Here is a picture of the plug on a 3ed gear chop. Its a little out of focus
http://jb.zippytech.com/~kevin/Roll%20Lobo/plug.png

38mm AS
190 main
DGG 2nd notch from bottom
58 pilot
210 pounds comp.
110 Sunoco standard with Amsoil Dominator 32:1
58 degrees outside 1300' elevation.
15/38 dearing

What do you guys think?

atvmxr
03-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
. Is it just taking that second to pull enough pressure to make the power valve open in 5th and 6th? This is my first non mechanical power valve. ?

could be your clutch slipping

K-Dub
03-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Ok never thought of the clutch slipping. But wouldnt it be more apt to slip in a lower gear? But you can hear the engine tone change from on the pipe to a mellow sound to back on the pipe if that makes sense.