PDA

View Full Version : ring ??

logant14
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
i am putting my new wiseco in tommorow. it say my first and second ring should be 180 degrees one facing the front, one the rear.how do i get them exactly 180? also my timing chain popped of the bottom sprocket, any tips to get it back on? thanks

CJM
03-16-2011, 08:32 PM
You put the rings on and turn them properly, a few degrees off wont kill it-but try getting it very close if not perfect. You really need a piston ring compressor where you put the piston in it, crank it tight then smack the pison into the cylinder. If you google it you will find youtube videos on this.

But what you could do since your gonna be replacing your base gasket is take the cylinder off, get the piston in there-oiling the inside of the cylinder with 2 stroke oil (will burn off easier) and make sure its sticking out bottom so you can put the circlips and wristpin on with the cylinder and piston as one-am I making sense lol?

Its not overly complicated.

This will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzUAhLkVd5w&feature=fvwrel

Trying to get the timing chain on might prove difficult, bout all you can do is try and slip it on properly from above or remove everything to get to it. It shouldnt slip off all that easy either there is many things holding it in place down there, inspect the guides while your at it and the tensioner. Place a small screwdriver in the tensioner-it should spring back when you turnt he screwdriver and let go-if not time for a new one.

Longdong
03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Pop your clutch cover off. Then you can get it there to work on it. The rings don't have to be exactly 180 degs. Just space the ring gaps opposite of each other. You just don't want the gaps to line up.

AtvKid4Eva
03-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Just go by the diagram wiseco gives you with the piston. The don't have to be perfect but close. Ive always used their diagram and have never had a single problem.