PDA

View Full Version : Low Rpm Miss

kookennay
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
I was riding this past weekend ran fine all day then about the last hour of riding i seemed to develope a miss. I gonna try to explain this the best way i can. just cruising around like thru the parking lot or going to trails like every 2 or 3 seconds it was like it cut out. I rode a little around the house yesterday and it still doing it but you if you get in the throttle it goes away. i don't even know where to start, i am new to the fuel injection so i clueless. Thanks

kfx400rider03
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
do you have a pc3 or tuner on it?

Jim417mx
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
whens the last time you changed your spark plug?

kookennay
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
IT HAS A TURNER THE PREVIOUS OWNER TOLD ME WAS ON THERE, BUT I NOT SURE WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WERE TO LOOK TO SEE IF IT DOES. AS FAR AS THE PLUG HAVE NO IDEA ONLY HAD THE BIKE LITTLE OVER A MONTH. WHAT I DID FIND YESTERDAY WAS THAT THE FILTER THATS IN IN HAS THE LITTLE METAL CONE IN THE MIDDLE(VELOCITY FILTER) HAD COME LOOSE AND WAS UP IN THE INTAKE TUBE. THAT MADE IT ACT LIKE NO FILTER WAS IN IT AND THE METAL CONE WAS PROBABLY BLOCKING MOST AIR COMING INTO THE TUBE.

kookennay
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
fixed the filter really no change in miss. found the programmer, it has a yoshi. haven't changed the plug yet what plug is recomended?

kfx400rider03
03-21-2011, 09:54 AM
put the same plug in it that already in it.
check the swirl filter which is located under the fuel tank.
and if it still does this it could be a bad map on the fuel programmer.

when i tuned mine with a wide band air fuel ratio gauge. the tune is almost perfect but does the same thing you say. it only cuts out when cruising 1/4 or less. quad completely loses power like you hit the kill switch then gets power again. which is just a flat spot in the fuel map

kookennay
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM
when i check the swirl filter what am i looking for, just for it to be dirty?

kfx400rider03
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
yeah and clean it. i spray it wth carb cleans and use a air hose on it to clean it.

kookennay
03-23-2011, 02:24 PM
i checked it it is good, it poured gas all over me lol. the plug was really nasty though. i have a yoshi ems pim programmer and have no clue on how to use it or program it or anything. put in new plug but waiting on a new chain to ride it and see if it any better.

bigbad400
03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
sounds to me like new gas would help. acts like moisture in gas.... top tank off with premium and see what its doing.. or drain and refil with premium or ad some heat or dry gas... these quads hate cheap gas. always run premium. a friend put 87 in mine and it dont run hardly on it. misses and surges like crazy...:( got to have premium:D

kookennay
07-30-2011, 08:29 AM
OK IT BEEN A WHILE BUT I HAVE BEEN RIDING IT AND THIS WEEK IT GOT WORSE SO I PULLED IT APART AGAIN. TOOK THE SWIRL FILTER OUT AND APART IT HAD SOME RUST IN IT SO I TOOK IT OFF COMPLETELY AND HAD NO CHANGE. I CLEANED IT AND PUT IT BACK ON. IT ALMOST SEEMS LIKE IT MAY BE LEANING OUT AT LOWER SPEEDS BECAUSE IT TURNED THE PIPE RED. I DRAINED THE GAS AND PUT FRESH 93 IN IT AND IT DID GET BETTER. I THINKING ABOUT JUST CHANGING PROGRAMMERS ALL TOGETHER NOW.

kookennay
08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
i rode last night and it feels completely diffrent now. i only had it do act up once in about 3 hours of riding.