PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted: OKO Powerjet or keihin?

dericsdad
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Looking for everyones opinions... which 28mm carb is better and why?

28mm OKO Powerjet PWK Carb

28mm Keihin PWK Carb

Coley'sdad#8
03-16-2011, 06:07 AM
OKO is not a pwk carb, it is a D slide remake , I have had some that I did experimental mods to and got data from but they are just a knockoff of the keihin.

a PWK carb is a keihin brand, durable reliable, good bottom end and proven.

Stage 6 carb is a great carb that seems to be geared for these type of 2 stroke engines because they are always pretty close out of the box and flow great, it is a D slide also and all 3 of these carbs use the same jets ect.

dericsdad
03-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Huh? Yep, I understand the OKO carb is a clone of the Keihin "PWK", and that they are both a "D-Slide". But tell me what is actually different on the keihin making only it a "PWK". Aren't they both the same really?

What I like about the OKO is the "Power Jet" some have... they seem to require a smaller main jet in some cases.

Coley'sdad#8
03-16-2011, 06:42 AM
the main difference is just the quality of the casting, machining and material, they are just a little more crude made but I have had some that were just awesome that I was trying experiments with but in machining had alot of impurities (pockets or bubbles) in the cast..
The stage-6 carb is also a powerjet carb.

hwf-racing
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
X2 with the stage 6

xtremeatv
03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
The Stage6 Carb is a reworked Koso. From what ive seen the S6 is better than the koso carbs though.

Coley'sdad#8
03-16-2011, 10:36 AM
correcto;)

nordic quad
03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Genuine Keihin PWK Carb is the better of the two,we have both brands and they may look almost the same,the Keihin is better quality(Casting etc.)and also has the powerjet,this is not unique for the OKO.Other options is as stated above the Stage 6 and also Metrakit MRD 28 PWK.Another carb we are thinkin about trying out this year is the DellOrto - VHST 28 Moto flatslide carb built to be snappy and give a good bottom end.
Stein A

Yuk33
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
You might want to buy an extra casting if you go with the OKO due to casting quality; The slides are slightly different in size, Keihin slide didn't want to go into the OKO, for us;
We tried a 28 OKO with the power jet on our Cobra, was quick but kept bogging down @ top end no matter what we did, went back to the trusty 28 Keihin.

Full Throttle00
03-17-2011, 04:16 PM
If you don't want issues stay with brand name Keihin not cheaper made Chineese Clones. Tried one for fun, jetting was different & inconsistant on both DRR & Cobra & waste of time having to keep adjusting.
Have 2 new PWK28 2 sell