PDA

View Full Version : The Love of the Sport

krt400ex
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
just took the quad out for a spin in the woods up the road from my house. first time in months that it has seen dirt. i forgot how reviving it is to just rip through the trails and feel like you are part of your machine. this sport really is one of the greatest things on god's green earth. i'm so happy to be a part of the family of atv riders and i hope you are too. just thought i'dexpress my never ending love for this sport and the people involved in it. the community of riders is one of the greatest families in the world

Tommy Warren
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I feel ya brother....but anxiety attacks are keeping me from riding....and the medication make me fall asleep in 5 minutes....I want to ride sooooo bad:(

JR3
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
it reallly is one of the best feelings in the world to go to the track and not even race just a practice and i will be on nerves like all day lol race day dont talk to me lol

evild911
03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
well at least yall got something to ride the crank when down in my 450 so its probly going to be another two weeks before i can ride pull a wheelie for me

PaRedneckRiders
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
I agree 100%
I love riding i have not rode almost at all since august when i broke my leg.
Im finishing up my 400 build and just to take it out in the field across from my house and be able to ride again was an amazing feeling even if i did pull the treads out of the cam chain tensioner bolt hole.
It felt good to ride again and i can not wait for the weather to get a little nicer so i can really get back out there.

I ride at a local place called tri county ATV and almost everyone there is willing to give you a helping hand it you need one, Really makes me happy to be a part of the riding community.

BoneStockHonda
03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
No riding for me till next January, and I was going to sell the 400 for a 450 this year :( . I already can't wait to ride, it is going to be the greatest feeling in the world for me to throw a leg back over my quad (and hopefully its a 450 by then).

CJM
03-15-2011, 07:38 PM
I love riding, I try to go every weekend on sat or sun or sometimes both days. The area I ride is amazing too, very large sand pit that has trails all over and you honestly can ride for over 50 miles in one day easy and still not cover it all.

BlaineKaiser450
03-15-2011, 07:42 PM
The best part of riding is during a practice day at the track towards the end of the day when no one else is there other than you and a friend, and you just mess around

KFX450Rrider490
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
yea i cant wait till i get my 450 back together, ive got a new set of tires waiting for it!

but your 100% right, i dont know about you guys but its my escape drug...

honda400ex2003
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I love riding no matter what i am on. be it the sled, atv, bike, or even in the car. lol It is great to just get away for a while and relax. everything goes away when I ride; i can take in the sights and day just how i want to. It is def the best and addicting, it is hard to be away from the toys while at school thats for sure. I have only been here 3 days and i want to go home and get my machines to bring them up to ride next week. I have a place for them but had to leave them home :( after next week though, the bike, the r and the 400 will be here for a couple of weeks. That will get me almost to the end of the semester then i can go home for a couple of weeks and ride too. :D

Braap it up!
steve

finsteratv
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
people ask me why i dump near all my money into this being a kid and buying all my own stuff. i'm just like the rest of you, this is my escape drug. when i ride NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. and i always end the day with a smile even in the crappiest conditions :D

beastlywarrior
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
i love takin the warrior or 50 out, nothing better to take away college stress

Sjorge450R
03-16-2011, 12:31 AM
I havent ridden my R is a long time. I raced in October, but before that, i did ride since fall of 09. Its hard, but when i do get back on it, I forget how much I miss about everything regarding the sport.

krt400ex
03-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I feel ya brother....but anxiety attacks are keeping me from riding....and the medication make me fall asleep in 5 minutes....I want to ride sooooo bad:(

ouch man. i'm sorry to hear that

krt400ex
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by CJM
I love riding, I try to go every weekend on sat or sun or sometimes both days. The area I ride is amazing too, very large sand pit that has trails all over and you honestly can ride for over 50 miles in one day easy and still not cover it all.

hey man where do you ride? you're in central jersey right?

and kfx450rider, it is exactly that. my escape drug. infact its the one thing that has kept me from doing alot of things i know i shouldnt do.

CJM
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Check your Pm's krt.

Ruby Soho
03-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I took riding for granted for awhile. I miss it now.. I want to love it as much as i used to, but for some reason I think going out is always going to be better.. ends up I waste my time doing nothing out with buddies when I could be doing something with my time like riding.

I need to finish up my pitbike and get the hell out there!

HondaRacing83
03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
I havnt rode since like last november. I took it out today for the first time. it was like 60degrees here so figured id go ride. So thats what i did. I got on it and got so excited. haha. and i went back in the woods and got stuck. i was by myself which sucked. I tried getting it out for an hour, i tried every trick in the book. Then realized i couldnt do it. so i went back and got the gator(now fixed) and hooked it up and pulled it out. i pulled a muscle in my neck and split my finger open doing this but i loved every minute of riding. cept the 400 was exactly running right but still fun. I love riding. sometimes ille be gone for like 3hours just slowly going through the woods thinking. its so relaxing. sometimes itsbetter to do it on the grizzly tho. haha

fastredrider44
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey Krt, didn't I tell ya not to sell that thing. :D

KFX450Rrider490
03-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
hey man where do you ride? you're in central jersey right?

and kfx450rider, it is exactly that. my escape drug. infact its the one thing that has kept me from doing alot of things i know i shouldnt do.

yeaaa that makes 2 of us!

krt400ex
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Hey Krt, didn't I tell ya not to sell that thing. :D

haha and i'm glad i didnt. oh and i may be getting a different truck than what i posted in that thread. this one is a '94 f250 with the 351, but its got less miles and its a manual. then i'll really be able to ride cuz i can transport myself lol

CJM
03-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Rode today and I got into the worst stuck Ive ever been.

Its super sandy where I ride and one part you can ride sideways along a wall of sand that slowly descends into a large lake they have to keep the dust down. It rained, I dont have paddles-can you guess what happened?

Tried for a half hour to get out every which way I can-finally had to ride the shore of the lake till I found a spot I could get up. Oh the quad would climb, but then dig and dig and dig.

Considering I can do anything else there without the paddles I think Ill just stay away from that spot.

Still was a fun day lol..

krt400ex
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Rode today and I got into the worst stuck Ive ever been.

Its super sandy where I ride and one part you can ride sideways along a wall of sand that slowly descends into a large lake they have to keep the dust down. It rained, I dont have paddles-can you guess what happened?

Tried for a half hour to get out every which way I can-finally had to ride the shore of the lake till I found a spot I could get up. Oh the quad would climb, but then dig and dig and dig.

Considering I can do anything else there without the paddles I think Ill just stay away from that spot.

Still was a fun day lol..

haha stuck is never fun. i remember in the winter a few years back, i had the 400ex with studded rear tires. well i wore them out on the road cuz i was that retarded and then decided to hit the trails with about 8 iches of fresh snow. i had to cross a river that appeared to be frozen(i walked on it first to check but i missed a thin spot). needless to say i ended up in the water about knee high with the sun going down and it snowing out.took me 2 hours to get the quad out