PDA

View Full Version : throttle wire

jlrenken
03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
ok i dont remember what a person can do. i have an 08er and the wire that comes out of the thumb throttle can you u cut it or do u have to cut then connect the two wires.
thanks

Scro
03-15-2011, 02:32 PM
You'll need to splice the wires together.

fandl450r
03-15-2011, 02:33 PM
If I remember correctly you must connect the two wires.

jlrenken
03-15-2011, 02:37 PM
thats what i was thinkings.
thanks guys for the quick response

desratt
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
if you cut it then you must cut the 2 wire group on the carb( not the one with 3 wires but the one with 2) the 2 on the thumb must match the 2 on the carb this senses for a stuck throttle and in that event kills the spark.

jlrenken
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
all i did is cut up by the throttle then when where it plugs into the harness and cut it down there and tired them together. thats what i was told all that had to be done. what will your way do

DnB_racing
03-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by jlrenken
all i did is cut up by the throttle then when where it plugs into the harness and cut it down there and tired them together. thats what i was told all that had to be done. what will your way do that's all you have to do!!!

you jumped the grey/red stripe wire to the green correct?? or even the two blacks that are on the other side of the throttle switch connector does the same thing!!
you dont have to worry about jumping the carb safety switch, as long as either the throttle switch or the carb safety switch goes to ground the tors is permanently bypassed, as long as one is grounded its fine, you can bypass both but its not necessary... that part of the cdi needs one of those two wires grounded for it to run, and by jumping the throttle switch it gives the cdi the proper grounding to run!

however if you perform the green wire mod then you should jump the carb safety switch wires together as you will be loosing the ground from the throttle... the easiest way to make sure everything works like it should when doing the green wire mod, when you cut the green, use that same green from the harness and jump the grey/red stripe wire from cdi to the harness ground(the green wire from the mod)

DnB_racing
03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
here is a better way to explain the safety circuit, a picture is worth a thousand words