PDA

View Full Version : GA - Southeast mini riders - SEQUADS update

EthansDad
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey all GA-AL-SC riders,

SEquads (www.sequad.com) had its round one kick off at monster mountain last weekend. such a great track and the owner Tom is a solid guy. bottom line though, a horrible turn out. Tom got up, and with no attitude at all plainly told us he was losing between $2000-3000 that weekend to have us there. I will miss that track, I'm betting we get maybe one more shot there - if that.

for minis, and I mean ALL classes of minis there was a total of 5 quads there. the sequad guys are real open to doing what works for folks, even changing the classes around when needed.

So -my question to all mini quad riders in the area - what next? (no need to input here Dade city guys, we know you are awesome and where you are:-)

A few kicked around the idea of crashing in on a few of the larger series, like BIG (best in GA) that have mini atv classes. generally, they only have one class, but we can sort that out. my big concern is we lose larger tracks to run at, or we all go show up at different tracks and each of us end up with 1-2 minis on the line instead of full gates. I'll tell you our goal is to get on full gates - we really don't care about motor size, ages, etc or championships for that matter. just trying to make sure my kid has someone to race with next time.

Ideas???????

-EA

FISH ON!
03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Maybe take it to the woods ?? :blah:

Just kidding though we would love to have you join the dark side. I believe there is a down turn in most of the ATV series out there and for some reason GA & SC don't have the numbers of quad riders like the other regions.

Good luck.

EthansDad
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
yea Todd, you just want to get a good laugh seeing all the MX kids up to their knees in mudd going what the heck!

BTW - congrats on Zack's GNCC finish, I heard he took home the goods!

EthansDad
03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Here is the BIG series website - its a bit hard to find for 2011 for some reason. I went under contact and asked them to add 1 mini ATV class. if you have an interest in riding big named tracks in GA, hit the website and ask them if they will add a class. first race is next week (we won't hit because of nationals) - but I bet it would help to ask before the series starts!!!!

http://bigmotocross.com/schedule/

EthansDad
03-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Check this out - a response from the man himself Sam G. We are going to hit the next mega series that does not conflict with nationals.

------------------------

Hi Eric,
This weekend at Lazy River in Dalton GA the Mega series is there and there will be 2 youth ATV classes
running. ATV Youth Production 70cc 6-11 yrs and ATV Youth Production 90cc 8-15 yrs. These
classes will only run in the Mega Series this year. Last weekend at Muddy Creek we had
6 riders in both classes. We want these classes to have a good turn out because people keep
asking for them, but when it comes time to race no one shows up. So we are trying it this
year in the Mega series but if we don't have a good turn out this year they will get dropped.
So spread the word and get these riders to turn out!
Thanks
Sam Gammon

bigdeal00
03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Even though you asked us not to comment.... The turn out at DCMX is down from last year too... only a few new riders this year and the classes are down in size so I think the economy still being as is definately not helping. We arent driving all the way up to the southern NATS because we like to spend gas money we wanna race against a full gate and different kids too.Hope you guys can figure out how to draw more riders... MIKE

EthansDad
03-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Silence Dade City-ite! :macho

I hear ya mike. or as Bill C. would say "I feel your pain"

Hey, back to topic, I've been getting some good back and forth from Sam G. here is the deal - he has two series going right now, the BIG series (all tracks in GA) and the MEGA series (tracks in GA, SC, TN, NC,PA,and VA).

Here is the MEGA schedule:
http://www.victory-sports.com/site/mega-series/schedule/

Right now he says the MEGA series has two youth atv classes, a 70cc and 90cc class with age ranges - these are AMA events. The BIG series has NO youth ATV classes. He says they are getting about 6 mini on the gate for the MEGA series as it sits.

Here was the ask to Sam - put a youth ATV class in the BIG series for one race and let us put our money where our mouth is. he mentioned his series he did last year he promoted to minis (very last minute, conflicted heavily with ATVA) and reminded me no one showed up.

If Sam gives us another chance, I say we show him what the GA-SC boys got and go fill a gate. if he sees us all show one time, he is likely to add more classes and keep it going as part of BIG.

and if you haven't noticed on the BIG schedule - most tracks are large / national calibre and like 2-3 hrs away from most of us. We really need this unless you like hauling 5-6 hrs for a local race!!!!!!

-EA

thequadfather+2
03-15-2011, 07:57 PM
sorry we cant help more but man thats a long way to go for us and we just cant swing it between national weekends. We rode arena cross all winter to keep up the seat time and now its going to be a long summer season. I think we are all in search of full gates and lots of kids, just like Mike, thats why we are at the nats this year. Doing a couple different series is tough.

edwardsp&b
03-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Were in, let me know where and when a gate is going to show up and we are there. Probably bring another kid with us too.

If money goes right we may still hit Dade later this year....Ill show up to where gates are.
Bryan

dewutfan
04-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello all we have run 2 of the 3 youth quads races that Sam G. of victory-sports was so kind to put us in the mega series.. the first race was at muddy creek we had 6 then at lazy river we was the only one there we could not make it last week but plan on being at muddy creek April 16th and 17th ... but if you guys are truly wanting to keep your kids on big tracks please come out and support this .... or victory-sports will take it back away.... and you cant blame Sam for doing that... i here guys saying the nationals cost to much ... i agree... but here is a chance to run major tracks at half the cost and get this program going... listen guys the atv National will always be there but this is a poilt so lets get out here and put are money where are mouths are and let fill up the gates.. we plan or being at everyone except to PA .. cant make those but we will be at all the rest... so if you really want this be there next race April 16th and 17th.. and so you guys know Victory-sports gives these kids a great Banquet and the end of the year and some awsome gifts and trophies.... and treat these kids like rock stars on stage.... hats off to them for that.... ok i will get off my high horse lol

edwardsp&b
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I think that we may make the Muddy creek race in two weeks. I will post back if we do.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
i will see what i can do about running some of the races.As far as SE Quads goes i get tired of riding 350+ miles to race 2 quads.I am willing to run se or mega or big ect. as long as we have others to race with.Most of yaall don't like d-town but there are always several quads around to race when we get there.Eric let me know about some of this racin.

dewutfan
04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Wow i hope all you guys can make it to muddy creek i know the guys that where there at the first race will all be there we had 6 riders and i feel that it is finally starting to catch on here and if you guys can all make it with some other feed back i got from another forum this should be a great turn out and great racing for all who come out .....hope to see and meet you all ... Thank you all who are going to try to get this series going...this is are kids future and we need to eep there dreams alive. They deserve to be able to show off the skills in front of there piers.. And race on the big tracks. if you go to Victory-sports.com they also have a series called Hot Summer Nights .. they have a class there also for youth atv's this series runs on Saturday's only at night at 2 tracks here in the Johnson city tn area if you guys would be interested in that also.. just saying .... we have between 5 -8 riders every time .. that series has 20 races this year...

edwardsp&b
04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Trai, I agree, for us it is a long ride to run Sequads. I wish they could try to schedule closer to us. We have been running Sequads for 3 years now, every race is a minimum of 4 to 5 hrs, to get to a race with only 3 other riders. That does make me question even going back to one.

I will say that this year they have a couple of races scheduled around Macon, which will be a little closer. Just try to make the Sequads that are close Trai, this weekend in Bremen should be a good turnout. If you ever wannna load up together and save some money holler at me.

As far as Durhamtown, we love that place. Im just tired of the small kids track there. The kids cant learn anything racing on that track. If we had a good turnout at the big track in the back, we would run it every race.

Bottom line is this....We need to get together as a whole (mini riders from Durhamtown, National riders in this area, other racing friends and their families) and go to the same races. Us being scattered with one or two at this race, and another couple racing at another venue is not good for us as a whole. Thats why we cant get races with any attedance. Im to the point now that if I hear of a gate of 5 or 6 at a race that we will travel to get there just to have someone to run against.

Its not the money to run Nat's thats killed me this year, its the day's spent away from work to attend those Nat races. I cant be away from my business for that many days a month right now. However, it will only take me a couple more months to get that business rolling and we will run most all of the races next year. Then I wont have to worry about finding gates at locals.
Bryan

Rich243
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Bryan - there is a Bomber race at Durhamtown this Sunday. Andrew, Ben Cushman and Alex Wilkenson will be there in the 70 / 90 gate for sure. Hopefully more. Would be nice to see Ben and maybe Ethan, Zach and TJ also Sunday. Last week was the first Bomber race of this year and the track was great.

edwardsp&b
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Rich, thats the plan for us. We are going to Bremen on Sat. and race durhamtown sun morning. See yall there.
Bryan

EthansDad
04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Bryan, I hear what you are saying and on board. At this point, the #1 goal for us locally is to get 5-6 kids on the gate on a track worth riding. really don't care about series or such. if we get some momentum, that will come later.

unfortunately, we toasted our 70 motor the hard way last weekend, and I don't see that coming back together for another month. We could run our 50 mod, I think it would give chase, but need to save that bike for the nats.