PDA

View Full Version : Oil

mxdad423
03-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok Guys, looking for some advice, we will be getting our engine back from Dee and Michelle Wednesday and will be getting it in the frame to get ready for hopefully a great season. I was wanting to get some input on what oils you all have been running in these TUNED UP......little beasts.....LOL..... We ran the Yamalube semi synthetic while it was still in stock form, I have heard goods and bads on the Yamalube, also was looking at the Royal Purple Max Cycle, or the Valvoline ATV. I know oils are like everything else everybody has their own opinions, but I know a few of you have some Rage built ones and just was curious what has been good and what has been bad. Any input is appriciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Smitley

vondeister
03-15-2011, 06:45 AM
we run the Yamlube and have had no issues

rooster300ex
03-15-2011, 09:16 AM
run the castrol motorcycle oil or valvoline four-stroke oil not the one that shows a utility quad on the front. I have a hopped up 300ex and its been nothing but good to me. I had to take my clutch side case cover off to fix my reverse and it looked new and its a 95 engine.

sno-x139
03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Rotella T is what I ran for 3 seasons. Good stuff, and cheap.
DO NOT RUN MAXIMA PRO 4 or PREMIUM 4 WHATEVER ITS CALLED, ITS WAY TO SLIPPERY AND WILL SMOKE YOUR CLUTCHES 5x FASTER

hwf-racing
03-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Amsoil 10-40 great for clutches. I have one of Dee's Motors and checked out the clutch and it still looks new!!!! I just change often it gets a little expensive but better than putting crank bearings before its time. Derek

mxdad423
03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Ok, thanks everybody, I will let you know witch direction I go and how it works out. Just trying to go in the right direction, I agree with you Derek, I would rather change the oil often then replace crank bearing, cams, cylinders, ect ect.

Thanks again,
Kevin Smitley

sno-x139
03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah you deffinatly want to change it every 2-4 motos or so.