PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins shocks problem, got ???

Blak92
03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I was watching a video of when I broke a brand new front ball joint on my houser arms. I noticed how fast the rebound was on my front ohlins shocks. The front wheels were almost coming off the ground after a small jump...

I checked the rebound setting, ALL THE WAY IN. VERY springy, jumping on the bumper. Run the adjuster all the way out, no difference. In either shock. Felt the same as it was with the adjuster all the way in.

My big question is then, what could be wrong with them?

I bought them lightly used, with houser arms at a good (really good) price. I love my elkas in the rear, so Im wondering, should I send the ohlins in to get seviced, or save that money and get a pair of elka stage 4s ?

TheLane
03-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Get em serviced man! those shocks are great shocks, and there is no sense in spending extra money for a slight gain. With em serviced and maybe revalved they could be amazing...and if nothing else, resell em :P

ds19
03-15-2011, 05:49 AM
You don't want elkas... If you sell the fronts buy fox float evols.

Pappy
03-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I would send them in for inspection and service. Ive never had a shock like ohlins that respond to a change in compression or rebound. 2 clicks either way on ours and you can feel a huge difference

blaster12s
03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
whys everyone hate elkas..ive ridden on custom axis, fox and elka all my life and have to say the elkas have worked best for me.