PDA

View Full Version : 400ex freestyle

250rsforlife
03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
i was wondering if a 400ex would be good for freestyle cuz im looking to get into it so if u had any advice on if its good or bad let me now
thanks in advance

vinnytobasco
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Thats actually the reason I chose a 400ex is to get into freestyle and motocross a little bit, nothing seriouse but i can do nac nacs, no footers , nothings , no handers ..... you get the idea.If you watch any of the older huavose videos with ryan bemis kieth little and those guys you will see a few 400ex's and ltz400's with all those 250r's and they spank ramps and pull off some crazy stuff . Here is a video for proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPaKvV7-TTA&feature=related. If you watch closely you will see a red 400ex with race cut stock plastics and a blue one with mair race plastics . I'd just love the opertunity to build a ramp and practis every other day , and be half as good as these guys.

426kidz
03-14-2011, 11:06 PM
where it all started,lol plus i personaly think they make every trick look cleaner...so slimm and clean looking through the air!

liex21
03-15-2011, 07:18 PM
your first upgrade should be your suspension, unless you don't plan on having kids

250rsforlife
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
yea ive seen the videos before and im lookin into elka suspension i was just wonderin if anyone knew something that would make it sound bad for freestyle but this is prolly what im gona start with then get a 250r

vinnytobasco
03-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Honistly I personally don't think you need to drop 1500 or 900 bucks on just front suspension.There is one guy in that video on a complely stock raptor 660 , and the raptor's suspension was nothing great.I also seen nuclier cowboys this winter and the guy on the can am 450 doing back flips and such , STOCK suspension ! I feel that a good set of 450r shocks revalved and resprung for my wieght and rideing style is just as good as most aftermarket shocks.Start looking on ebay for used extended axels and a arms also. I just won a +2 adjustible excaliber axle all crome shipped for 100 bucks just goes to show if your patient you will find good deals.

HondaRacing83
03-17-2011, 05:45 PM
I dont think there is any smart posts in this thread. So first off, in that Huevos video, the blue 400ex- its not maier, its fullbore plastic. Anyone would know that by looking at the front of the plastic. Maier is a different style. Can Am 450 MXR's come stock with KYB shocks. I dont think freestyle is the 400ex''s game here. Im advising to a 450 or Z400. Youd have to dump quite a bit of money into it to get it to where your comfortable on it and it doesnt hurt landing. Stock 450 shocks wont cut it. even if they are revalved and such. Your gonna have to invest in a descent set of shocks. Dont get works shocks. You could pick up say 2004 450r's or 2004 YFZ's for pretty cheap. Z400's would be alright quads for that. So would 250r's. It all started with 250r's. They are the base/ beginning around all sport quads and quad racing/ freestyle. If you do wanna still get a 400, you will deff need +2's in the front. and an extended axle. and nerfs. and flexx bars wouldnt be a bad idea. And the raptor, isnt running stockers in this video. Yes, i have seen a video where a 660 raptor is running stock shocks for freestyle, but hes a very very skilled good rider. and lands everything really good.

vinnytobasco
03-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Dude why the flaming for no reason ?thatsuncalled for , you could of corected me and that would of been fine but you diden't have to be insulting.All of these threads end up with flameing , and nitpicking every little detail.
Who cares if it was fullbore , laker , or meir race cut plastics it dosen't change the fact that it was a 400ex dose it ?
And your right after rewatching the video they are aftermarket shocks on the 660 my mistake but like you said there is a video with a guy doing freestyle on a completly stock 660.
Also what makes the ltz400 any better for freestyle than a 400ex ? Every one constantly wants to hop on the 450 band wagon all i was doing it trying to let it be know that people have and can do very well raceing and doing freestyle on a 400ex.

426kidz
03-17-2011, 09:56 PM
400ex all the way baby. end of story. i wont get into details...have started to many arguements that way! :D

vinnytobasco
03-18-2011, 07:48 AM
x2 man..... I don't wanna start any arguments either I just was responding to his comment that was rather rude but, it is what it is .I'm just a noob I'm not trying to step on anyones toes , just throwin in my two cence everyonce ina while and it's fine if you correct me i'm all for it , but you don't have to be condescending and snarky about doing it.

liex21
03-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I dont think there is any smart posts in this thread. So first off, in that Huevos video, the blue 400ex- its not maier, its fullbore plastic. Anyone would know that by looking at the front of the plastic. Maier is a different style. Can Am 450 MXR's come stock with KYB shocks. I dont think freestyle is the 400ex''s game here. Im advising to a 450 or Z400. Youd have to dump quite a bit of money into it to get it to where your comfortable on it and it doesnt hurt landing. Stock 450 shocks wont cut it. even if they are revalved and such. Your gonna have to invest in a descent set of shocks. Dont get works shocks. You could pick up say 2004 450r's or 2004 YFZ's for pretty cheap. Z400's would be alright quads for that. So would 250r's. It all started with 250r's. They are the base/ beginning around all sport quads and quad racing/ freestyle. If you do wanna still get a 400, you will deff need +2's in the front. and an extended axle. and nerfs. and flexx bars wouldnt be a bad idea. And the raptor, isnt running stockers in this video. Yes, i have seen a video where a 660 raptor is running stock shocks for freestyle, but hes a very very skilled good rider. and lands everything really good.

So your pretty much saying what I said in the 4th post of this thread. except mine contains a lot less nonsense

HondaRacing83
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by liex21
So your pretty much saying what I said in the 4th post of this thread. except mine contains a lot less nonsense
Yeah. But these guys like dont have any common sense. Or that vinny guy doesnt. I understand the one guy was just asking a question but the vinny guy is misleading it. Im not flaming on you vinny, im correcting you.

trailrider894
03-18-2011, 06:45 PM
The EX will be great for Freestyle. Thankfully, freestyle isn't a balls to the walls power game... Its all about the rider and how well the suspension can soak up the bumps. Do everything you can do lighten the EX, by removing the dumb things you won't need, like the headlights, and relocating the battery to the airbox. I would just get a set of 450r shocks for the front, and get the stock rear and 450r fronts re-valved.