PDA

View Full Version : 250r shocks on 400ex ?

Newbie400ex
02-16-2003, 07:11 PM
I read somewhere on here that you could replace the stock 400ex shocks with 250r shocks and that they would perform better. Is this true? Also when a front shock is blown do they always leak oil or can they be blown without leaking. Is there anyway to have them rebuilt, revalved, or otherwise improved so I don't have to spend all my allowance? (my wife doesn't give me much :rolleyes: ) My stock fronts are making a kind of hissing sound when I push down on the front end. I can't tell if it's something rubbing or what. I have found no oil on them though.
Also I don't get much more than 6' of air onto flat ground, would a cheaper set of aftermarket shocks hold up to that?

Pappy
02-16-2003, 07:17 PM
250r fronts will work....but there are very few R shocks...stock anyway....that will out preform the 400ex stockers. just about any aftermarket shock will be better then stock....maybe check on ebay for used works that can be rebuilt ...or buy a set of take offs....they have been running around $100 or less.

jaspurx
02-16-2003, 07:29 PM
check the thread for sale here , there are usually some stockers that someone is replacing , for about $100 or less! and any aftermarket shocks on the planet should hold up to 6 feet of air!