PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my 416 back together

la400ex
02-16-2003, 06:40 PM
I dont know if any of yall remember but about 6 weeks ago. My just built 416 was smoking. Well i took it down and the oil expander ring scratched the cyilnder. I got it honed and some new rings. I finally got time to put it back together today. I only got to ride about 5 minutes. No smoke so far just putting around. It runs but thats about all i can say for it. My back brakes dont work but they are rubbing bad. It slows me down. Front brakes need new pads. My clutch is slipping. Right back tire is leaking. I think thats about it. I hope so. Anyone know what could be wrong with my brakes? Thanks, Ant.

Gusto
02-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Back brakes rubbin

Sounds like you either have a bent brake rotor or you dinged your caliper. Put the bike on a stand and spin the back tires by hand, watch your brake rotor and see if it spins true....if it wobbles guess whats next.

Sparks425Ex
02-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Wow Man. You are having quite the troublsome rebuild. Ya get one thing back togeather then somthing else happens.

Yeah put your quad up in the air and spin the tires. If the rotor is wobbly then you need a new one..:(

toby400ex
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
if you have an aftermarket bearing carrier and you have just put it in, check and see if the caliper rubs on caliper mount, mine did this on my 300ex for some reason until they sent me a new carrier then the problem was fixed somehow:confused: