PDA

View Full Version : big gun rev box

rtrocket59
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
I installed one of these on my 08 z400 and didn't really recognize anything different. Do they really work?

twincat800
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Well we all know dyna has the best ones, but as you can see i started out with the big gun rev box. Im looking at my dyno paper and it says my quads limiter was right at 9700rpm. I dont know what the stock limiter is but if 9700rpm is higher than stock then i would say yes, it is helping you. IMO With some mods, these engines are helped out with a higher limiter a descent amount.

twincat800
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I googled it and the stock limiter is set at 9000rpm so yes the big gun is helping you out. I topped out at 47hp with this rev box and i was still at about 46hp when i hit my limiter at 9700rpm. Im speaking for my motor and parts though. Where im at with my motor i was due to get a box with a higher limiter because im still making good horsepower after hitting the limiter. With the mild mods you have, i would say your doing good with what you have, dont think you have much need for anything pricier.

rtrocket59
03-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the response. And I was riding it today and I could definatly recognize a sound difference from stock and I was getting a lot more rpms. I read that it takes a few rides for your bike to adjust to it, so maybe that's why I didn't notice at first