PDA

View Full Version : hydro clutch problem

bansheeboyo
03-13-2011, 03:35 PM
hi guys
hows it going?
i am having a bit of a problem installing my hydralic clutch,i have bled the system out ,the lever disengages the clutch but dose not spirng back to engage it .
Any ideas of what ive done wrong ??
cheers scott

bansheeboyo
03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
its brand new
i used a phumatic bleeder
and used the oil provided

deathman53
03-14-2011, 09:13 AM
something is wrong w/ your clutch. Heavily grooved inner/outer basket is my first thing to look at.

bansheeboyo
03-14-2011, 12:04 PM
the clutch worked fine before i tryed to install the hydralic one .is it just that the hydralic one id more sensitive to wear of the clutch??

deathman53
03-15-2011, 03:28 AM
if the clutch wasn't bled right, it wouldn't have disengaged the clutch. You would just feel a light action w/ no pressure at the lever, it still will spring back. Mine has hesitant to release the clutch, I replaced the basket(outer) and the lever feels alot better and works smoother. The hydro clutch self-adjusts to clutch wear and to where it finds resistance by pushing more fluid in. A heavily grooved basket, worn ball/lifter hat comined w/ worn springs will cause this. After I installed the new basket, I still had some disengagement trouble w/ the clutch, then put a 89 update on, it was very smooth and easy to dis/engage.