PDA

View Full Version : race gas or not

yellowrider
02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
to run a 11 1 piston ratio would it be safe to run regular gas (92)

i would really like to know i should also be installing a oil cooler along with taht so temps should be down low i dont see this as a promblem but if any of you suggest something different tell me

i would like to keep it stock bore like i said in my last post... but that post was just getting to messy.. so i made a new one i will delete the other one if anyone complains ... sorry for the wasted space ben i will clean my mess up if you need me to ...

anywho i would really like to gain respectable amount of power out of this i do not want to ride it two hours and it blow up .. even worse get bored of tkhe power ..

but i think i am in the right direction because what i want is improved low end and better mid to top for drag racing.. (yeah i am a dragger) without sacraficing my bores...

right now my stock motor is doing really good
so i want to keep stock bore .. ( i heard boring doesnt create horsepower anyways .. the higher compression and the cam you choose does the most and if you get your head ported ..
and you choose a good pipe and a uni filter with skin and open airbox... (i am planning just cutting holes in my airbox and adding those little round filters)

11 1 piston ok for reglar gas .. would i have over heating promblems has anyone had over heating promblems why choose race gas if you dont have to run it ?

RideRed400StYlE
02-16-2003, 06:46 PM
you should have no problem with pump gas. and if you wanted to run a little higher you can buy AV fuel that is 100 octane, and its alot less $$ than race gas.

02-16-2003, 06:57 PM
u should be good on pump but if it starts knocking just mix it 50/50

nick23
02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
110 octane up in hur all the way man

02-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by nick23
110 octane up in hur all the way man

thats just wasted money. 11:1 doesnt need that high it will just empty ur wallet. I would do 92 mixed half and half with like 107 or 109 which will be abt 100 octane

yellowrider
02-16-2003, 07:20 PM
thanks for all the replies ..

if i ever go to the strip i wouldnt mind mixing ..
also i wouldnt mind mixing just for trail riding.. it is just when i run out of gas its 30 miles away and i will have to stop riding.. you know

it wouldnt be so bad if i could just run 92 octane and mix it when i have it .. but if i am rididng and i run out i would like to borrow gas off someone you know..

what about that octane booster ?? does that stuff work?

yellowrider
02-16-2003, 08:57 PM
how much are stock honda clutches?

02-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
thanks for all the replies ..

if i ever go to the strip i wouldnt mind mixing ..
also i wouldnt mind mixing just for trail riding.. it is just when i run out of gas its 30 miles away and i will have to stop riding.. you know

it wouldnt be so bad if i could just run 92 octane and mix it when i have it .. but if i am rididng and i run out i would like to borrow gas off someone you know..

what about that octane booster ?? does that stuff work?

you should mix when u ride and if u ever run out u can just use octane booster till u get more race fuel

HSD400EX
02-17-2003, 07:17 AM
cam2 wors for me and my 440 ex..b