PDA

View Full Version : building 250r for my father

dustin312
03-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Alright here goes. I'm 17 and my dad has been a big part of my life, he sold his 89 pro trax 250r to raise me and put me on nice machines. He recently purchased a 89 roller but shortly after, he found out he has testicular cancer. He'll be ok in the long run because we caught it in time but he decided shortly after to sell the build. I bought it back from the guy for a song and I am in need of some things to finish this for him. My goal is to finish this by his birthday in October on my retail/school budget. Here is a list of what i need and where I am at now.

complete frame and swinger are blasted, gusset kit welded in and painted

shocks need to be rebuilt - mcr suspension is local or somewhat close to us, they are works front and rear but need a rebuild unless someone knows a better place to send price wise.

tank is polished back up
brake system is there and cleaned up and rebuilt
misc hubs, pegs, ect is blasted and painted
plastic will be bought later, either laker or fullbore
front rims and tires are mounted ect

I need to locate the following -
a decent wiring harness, or system

I would like to buy +2 arms, and will but if anyone has a good +2 set for a ok price let me know

motor - I am doing this last, I've been looking but I am going to sell my back up bike towards the end to this to purchase one, I have a LRD pipe and silencer that he had laying around.

right now the wiring harness is a big deal, if I cant find a good one. I will need to go to the cr style set up and this will back my time frame up, also looking for a 8" set of rear beadlocks if anyone has a decent set laying around, which I doubt very much. I never had the chance to ride a 250r, nor do I remember much about his, I was 3 when he sold it, but I have pictures to go off of and it's close now. I guess in a nut shell this is my chance to give something back to him for all that he has done for me and provided the bikes I have had and currently have, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dustin

skyeryder
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Hate to hear that b/c for the most part the R part of this site is the best group of guys on here, with the least amount of BS. Hopefully people aren't gonna take advantage of that....
Matt, are you gonna post any pics of the build?????

EDIT: CLEIGH I got shipped out to Penn so before I get called out I promise check is getting sent sorry for the wait, lol

bigmatt61
04-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Update on eariler post.

Dustin and I are just fine our situation is resolved.
I wish him all the best during these tough times and will be praying for him.

Matt

DnB_racing
04-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by bigmatt61
Update on eariler post.

Dustin and I are just fine our situation is resolved.
I wish him all the best during these tough times and will be praying for him.

Matt glad to hear this!!!

thanks for updating and letting us know the situation is resolved with both of you and well wishes for Dustin and his family