PDA

View Full Version : still having problems

user101
03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
hey guys, i got the new fuel regulator in the mail last week. I can blow air through the new one, i could tell a difference in the amount of air that i could blow through it (the new one seemed more restricted)..i put it on anyways but it didnt change how the quad runs.

Should i send it back?

Limited Z_400
03-13-2011, 10:49 AM
If I were you I would go to your local auto store and purchase a fuel press. gauge(0-100psi).Plumb it in after the reg, before the injector.Make sure everything fits tight because fuel press will be up to 43psi. If you have 43psi: your fuel filter,regulator and fuel pump are OK. Parts are not cheap and this will confirm your fuel system is good.If you dont feel comfortable doing this, take it to the dealer it might take them 15 mins to check.Good Luck.

user101
03-17-2011, 01:47 PM
alright, ive checked the fuel pressure and its holding 43psi. where should I go from here?

Limited Z_400
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Do you have 43psi when it is running?

Baracudaaa
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
could be lots of things-

-Fuel pump
-Injector
-Fuel lines
-Stator

Best way is to to narrow it down is to check your psi, as z-400 said.
Better yet, try swapping parts with a running ltr until the problem goes away.
I went through all these problems, and found later it was actually my stator not running enough voltage once the bike warmed up, and the fuel system would start to sputter.

blholtz
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
could be lots of things-

-Fuel pump
-Injector
-Fuel lines
-Stator

Best way is to to narrow it down is to check your psi, as z-400 said.
Better yet, try swapping parts with a running ltr until the problem goes away.
I went through all these problems, and found later it was actually my stator not running enough voltage once the bike warmed up, and the fuel system would start to sputter.

Thats a new one. Was it not turning the fuel pump fast enough to keep up?

I think I just learned something new.:)