PDA

View Full Version : CAR AUDIO!!!(Again lol)

Sjorge450R
03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Well. Since the weather finally got nice I decided to throw some speakers into my rear deck of my Buick today. The whole system sounds really good running a kenwood component system in the front and an off brand pair in the deck but I was wondering.

If I wired an amp up to this setup would i hear a difference? Like will my speakers sound any better? Ive heard of people using amps with just speakers before but ive never actually heard a setup like this in person. Oh and currently im only pushing those 4 speakers + the tweeters with a Kenwood head unit.

Tommy Warren
03-12-2011, 09:45 PM
its a buick...sound quality is the least of your worries.....but depending on the speakers you will hear a difference with an amp..

mineralgrey01gt
03-12-2011, 09:50 PM
depending on the speakers on if its worth it for the amp. Its possible that an amp would make a difference but if they are nicer speakers id put an amp on them

Sjorge450R
03-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Tommy....have you ever driven a buick? I love this thing. Yes its an ultimate grandpa car but as far as space, gas milage, and comfort goes, I will be keeping this car until I can afford to buy a brand new car.

As far as speaker quality. The fronts are (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22731_Kenwood-KFC-P509PS.html) and they sound great right now. The rears I have some off brand that I forget the name of, but they also sound really good. I think I may leave everything alone right now and just throw a sub in the trunk since I have more trunk space than I know what to do with. What kind of differences will i notice if I do decide to power these speakers I have currently?

Exrider434
03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
honestly if you match the right amp to the speakers, you wont even find a need for subwoofers. they sound 100% better powered off of an amp that is tuned properly

mineralgrey01gt
03-13-2011, 07:31 AM
those are well worth the money to amplify. They will sound great once tuned in right to the amp. I say go for it.

Sjorge450R
03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
looks like I will be amping these speakers. I am gonna swap out the rears that I have now for the matching pair to the front speakers. Only in 6x9 form obviously. The fronts sound great. I still find it hard to believe that they are only 5.25" speakers.

jesshamner
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
A friend of mine had a 76 Ponitac Grand Prix with an Alpine head unit and Apline componenty speakers powered by an Alpine 4 channel amp. It sounded really good. For sound quality nothing else was needed. To rattle the license plate, he needed something bigger. It seems that big subs just aren't as popular as they used to be. You should just power the component speakers first. Then go from there.

BlaineKaiser450
03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Im running 4 6x9's in my truck that are amplified and trust me, its 100% worth it.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Will it make a difference? Yes. But car audio is 100% "You get what you pay for".

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Will it make a difference? Yes. But car audio is 100% "You get what you pay for".

Sjorge450R
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
once I get a few extra bucks, i will be amping my set up. I am curious to hear what it will sound like. Whats the worse that could happen? I use the amp to power a sub instead? lol:p

Tommy Warren
03-13-2011, 10:46 PM
make sure your amp has a LPF and HPF switch if your going to run small speakers use the hpf so you don't get too much bass distortion if you use subs click it to hpf so its nothing but bass....yes there is more to it than this but for a cheap setup you'll want this switch

jesshamner
03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I honestly think you are better off buying an amp specifically designed for subwoofers instead of using an amp that is dual mode.