PDA

View Full Version : Finally Breezewood Proving Grounds is OPEN !!

dan harris
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Tomorrow morning Sunday March 12 th tracks will be open and in awesome shape. They dried out big time today, I'll have them groomed and in excellent shape for riding on Sunday. Hope you can make it out.

You can see the track conditions yourself by clicking the link below, the web camera takes a live picture every 5 minutes !

http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/cam.html

shout if your planning to come out ! I'll be grooming the tracks at 6am and riding by 10 ! The temps today reached 60° ! looking like the same for sunday !

dan harris
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Tracks are groomed and ready to go ! Brrrrrrraaaaaaaaapppp!

trailrider894
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Tracks are groomed and ready to go ! Brrrrrrraaaaaaaaapppp!

Dan.... I would die to get out there.... I rode on a MX track today here in Missouri that looked like it hadn't been groomed in years. Its a stuff world out here, we don't have the luxury of nice tracks... :/ I am getting wimpy though.... I'll see ya next summer!! 2012 baby.... BRING IT!!!

chucked
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
apparently Dan is starting a new tradition of dislocating his hip on opening day.

trailrider894
03-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by chucked
apparently Dan is starting a new tradition of dislocating his hip on opening day.

ouch............... Hope you start feeling better Dan!!

RedSonya
03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Dan's home now - he had surgery to pop his hip back in and he's resting. I think we should keep him off of his quad on opening day next year!

Despite everything, the tracks were awesome today!!!

trog2233
03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Dan's wreck was nasty..Get better man.

Other than that the track was in amazing shape. It did get damn cold but still a great day of riding.

dan harris
03-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Definately not the way I wanted to start the year - but I guess I'm gettin used to it !!

Sucks only got a lap and a half in !! Thankfully a dislocated hip heals pretty fast. Though its a painful mother when it happens !

I'll be back in the tractor grooming the tracks this weekend, prolly take a couple more before I'm back on the quad !

Sonya thanks for all your help watching over the place !

outacontrol
03-14-2011, 03:57 PM
sorry about your crash dan.. im assuming its the same hip as before? how did you crash?

RedSonya
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
You're welcome! Everybody helped out!

dan harris
03-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Nose dived and went over the bars with the quad landing on me. I think the face of the jump was a little soft from the thawing !! Plan on changing the jump this week. ....soon as I can climb in the dozer !

They call for awesome temps this weekend - should be great riding !

RedSonya
03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
How about a nice single? Or a double with a turtleback landing?

dan harris
03-15-2011, 11:19 AM
a single - Boring !! I'll build something you'll like - in that spot it has to be a jump the water truck can get over. prolly be a table top or a rolly double with a "turtle back" landing??? lol

trailrider894
03-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
a single - Boring !! I'll build something you'll like - in that spot it has to be a jump the water truck can get over. prolly be a table top or a rolly double with a "turtle back" landing??? lol

lol sounds sweet dan!! I have been wanting to come out there... All the tracks here in Missouri are boring and crappy. They don't maintain them at all. Is Breezewood gonna be a place that will keep me and my father and brother occupied for 3 or 4 days while I am on summer break from College? What else is in the area that is fun to do???

dan harris
03-15-2011, 04:32 PM
yeah the two big tracks are plenty to keep ya busy for 3 or 4 days, though its tough to ride for 4 days straight, hands get pretty rough !

We have a great pond for swimming right at the park. Not much in town here - were in the middle of no where. Lots of good golfing, raystown lake for boating, some good mountain biking trails?? Just bring plenty of fuel the tracks are open for riding from 8am until dark - you can burn alotta gas in that time !

ROLLIN
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your ground-pounding, dan. That's terrible at the start of the season, all your excitement takes a backseat. I broke some ribs in the fall on a bike, so i feel for ya. We'll see you soon, not sure about this weekend.

ikas
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
A singel can be fun to ;)
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HZjXAabQceg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dan harris
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
nice clip - my man was killin it !! not a very smooth landing and that was on a bike !! imagine how smooth that hit wouldn't be on a quad !! Not a fan of singles - give me something to shoot for !

PaRedneckRiders
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Well i guess it doesn't do me much good to see a live photo when its dark out does it lol ill have to look tomorrow.

ikas
03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Check your pm :D