PDA

View Full Version : Looking for atv practice tracks in New England

grimm714
03-12-2011, 07:39 AM
I live in Mass and I'm looking for tracks that run open practice for quads other than the tracks that we race at the saturday of a race weekend. I heard a rumor about mototown building something out door but i need more than a rumor at this point. Any help would be nice. Thanks!

rollie
03-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Its reallly hard around here to ride tracks, once rocky hill open's they might have some practices, i know mx101 will have a couple non neatv practice days, also down in central village CT theres a track you can ride, you pay yearly and get a key to the track

m0t0xk1d
03-12-2011, 08:36 AM
mx207 has practice for quads every thursday and every sunday that they dont have a race.

rollie
03-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
mx207 has practice for quads every thursday and every sunday that they dont have a race.

how did i forget about 207 haha, one of the best tracks in new england for sure!

Lasher
03-12-2011, 09:30 AM
I have not been to 207 yet. Hoping this year.

One of the reasons I love NEATV is the Saturday practice. When I first started racing (back in 1999) with NEATV the only practice I was able to do was the local sand pits (now shut down) or the 2 laps on Sunday morning.

Stiles86
03-12-2011, 10:20 AM
central cycle is 750 a year or become a member and its 150 ayear plus work points...but they also let us run with the dirtbikes on there open practices...... you can run the small track at walden also

phreak
03-12-2011, 10:37 AM
mx101 has open practice on saturday's and sunday's when they don't have races. last year they only had a handful.

it'd be nice to see more quads there. I was usually the only quad in a sea of bikes. :o

www.mx101.us

grimm714
03-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. I live near 6 flaggs New England so maine is a little to far for a practice but all the others are good. Keep them coming!!!

Lasher
03-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Chico
I do believe the owner of the place you are referring to would not like the whole world to know about it. Thank you

Which is why I did not mention anymore information about the location. But just to be careful I will remove that part of the post.

dan harris
03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
The Breezewood Proving Grounds is a long ride for ya, but we get alot of new england riders that make the trip for a long weekend of riding. We have awesome 2 story airconditioned cabins right at the park, and 3 great tracks from beginner to expert, and you can ride from 8am until dark. Well worth the trip for a great weekend. Hope to see ya here sometime ! We love quads and it shows from the moment you pull in !

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

DnB_racing
03-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
The Breezewood Proving Grounds is a long ride for ya, but we get alot of new england riders that make the trip for a long weekend of riding. We have awesome 2 story airconditioned cabins right at the park, and 3 great tracks from beginner to expert, and you can ride from 8am until dark. Well worth the trip for a great weekend. Hope to see ya here sometime ! We love quads and it shows from the moment you pull in !

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com its too bad its almost 500 miles each way... it would cost around $250 in gas just to get there and back, then with food lodging it would be a $1000 weekend for me and the kids,without any repairs....Ive always wanted to go, but pulling my long trailer with 4 quads, would just be too much money.....
Dan do us New England riders a huge favor and buy a nice piece of land in the Berkshires, and build a BWP2!!LOL

Lasher
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Many years ago me and a couple racing buddies went to a place called Jack Frost. It was in eastern PA, mainly a ski lodge but they had a couple practice tracks. We rented (very cheap) a condo and was able to ride right to the track. Was an awesome weekend of riding. The place is now close (at least the MX part) which is why I will be making a trip to Breezewoods. Jack Frost was ski lodge first, mx track second. Breezewoods is all about MX...making it sounds that much better.

I have a love/hate feeling towards Dan...I love when he post pics and talks about the track, but hate the fact I have not been there. This summer I hope to hit Breezewoods in one of two ways. A group of us riders heading down for a fun weekend of riding or Dream Camp with me and my kid.

dan harris
03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Looking forward to meeting and riding with you Lasher, glad to hear your willing to make the long haul. I remember Jack Frost - I road there back in like 97 - Went ski-ing there this past winter - shame its no longer a mx park.

I try and make the trip worth it for people. I always recommend renting a cabin and staying for 3 or 4 days - makes the ride not so bad. Staying right at the park and being able to ride from 8am till dark, then hanging out at the campfire with your group or meeting others at the dining hall firepit is an awesome trip ! I try to make it as cheap as I can by making multiple day trips cheaper = a 4 day pass is $100 - only $25 per day to ride. I know its expensive with fuel lodging, food etc... but what better way to spend a vacation with family and friends.

Memorial Day Weekend is coming fast - awesome time to make a long trip to the park. We have alot planned, including a Saturday night race, free cook out, big screen movie at night and much more !

Anyway didn't wanna hijack the thread, just wanted to let some of you farther away guys know about a great place to ride - temps here now are running in the 50's and 60's !

Lasher
03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Over the last 10 years of raicng, I have made many day trips to "local" practice tracks with buddies for a day of riding. But nothing like that one weekend. Being at the same tracks for 2 or 3 days really helped in getting the quad dialed in and learning skills as a rider.

Dan, ever talk to Howard at NEATV about an event, whether it be practice fun weekend or a race?

grimm714
03-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Lasher send me your e-mail address to denised1622@yahoo.com and maybe we can team up and head down for a weekend!!!!

Lasher
03-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Sure thing.

Right now we don't have a quad built yet. Mine is real close but all our time/energy/cash is spent on my son's quad. There is actually a light at the end of the tunnel on his hybrid!

Fear250r
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd probably be down too. Make a New England take over at Dan's place!!

grimm714
03-16-2011, 08:46 AM
what kind of hybrid lasher???? I just got done rebuilding and going though my daughters 300ex to run the 200/300 c class this year. My son is on a drr 50 for his first year of racing and I will be coming out of an 18 year retirement to run something this year. I'm in the process of looking and still coming up the the money for a quad for myself. I should be good to go by the end of April. Nothing like giving myself some time to spare. Won't be at the first few neatv races until we are ready.

Lasher
03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by grimm714
what kind of hybrid lasher???? I just got done rebuilding and going though my daughters 300ex to run the 200/300 c class this year. My son is on a drr 50 for his first year of racing and I will be coming out of an 18 year retirement to run something this year. I'm in the process of looking and still coming up the the money for a quad for myself. I should be good to go by the end of April. Nothing like giving myself some time to spare. Won't be at the first few neatv races until we are ready.

Ryan (my son) is building a Walsh CRF hybrid. I hope to take some pics of the progess tonight.

We will be cutting it close to have two quads ready for the first race.

grimm714
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
My kids quads will be ready in time I just think they will be ready. My son would race tomarrow but I think he needs to practice a few more weeks. My daughter raced a couple of times on her apex 90 but at 13 is now 5'8" and was too big for the 90 so I bought her a full tilt 300ex. Only problem is that she has never ridden with a clutch. She can take it up the street and hasn't stalled it yet but as you know the track is a different story. So, until I feel she can handle that we will be holding off on going to a race. I think she will be ready to go by may hopefully. Maybe i'm being over protective but I guess I now know how my parents felt many years ago!!!!! What class is your boy going to run??

Lasher
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Right now he is thinking about running the 450 B class. He raced the Sport 15 for the last two years. While he will be more in the back of the B class, at least he will be away from the nuts in the C class.

grimm714
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree sometimes it is safer to race a higher class. Alot of the c class riders are just along for the ride and don't have control of the quad and are highly out of control