PDA

View Full Version : Whatta POS.

HondaRacing83
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Well my last Saturday night/Sunday morning was very interesting. I feel i should vent. So this POS Brand new 2011 John Deere Gator 825I my dad bought started it all. About 9pm saturday, im bored and im well into BMX. Im like dad can you go pull the vehicles outta the garage so i can go ride? Hes like Yeah sure. so he does then takes off back in the woods with the gator and the dog. i chuckle and then ride. My parents own 25.5 acres of woods. And like all the snow jus melted and it was raining so it was flooded to hell back there. About an hour later he comes walking outta the woods looking pissed off and says "go get your ****ty clothes on." im like why? he said "the gator just died back in the woods. its sitting on a ravine with the ebrake on. if it goes down anymore itll be under water. it just dies. no power to anything. all it has his brakes." im like dammit. so we take off on the grizzly expecting to just winch it out, we get back there, hook the 3000lb winch up(gator weighs like 1500 i think?) and the grizzly kept spinning. i had to be the one driving the gator backwards. go figure. grizzly wouldnt budge the gator. kept spinning. so he let out so more line and backed up some more and we pulled it about half way up the ravine. yes i turned the ebrake off on the gator to. then it started messin up the grizzly. so my dads like **** it, were getting the tractor. so we go back, get the tractor. im like dad we need help. hes like nahh. were about half way to the gator when we get the ****ing tractor stuck! and im sitting on the backhoe, a tree damn near crushed my foot because he got the thing wedged in between to tight *** trees. and this is a John Deere 3120 tractor. Pretty sure its about 30horse? His old 4300 was about 32horse and this is just a little less. Anyways, my dads pissed. so we go walk another half mile back to the house, may i remind you its raining, and about 35degrees. im like dad we need help. so he calls my uncle, its now about 11:30 at night. my uncle and my grandpa come over at about midnight. and there like half drunk. so we all go walking back there, im having to carry the damn chainsaw and all the flashlights. i barely had any sleep the night before to make it better. my uncle and my dad cut down some trees and get the tractor free while me and my grandpa are down lookin at the gator. He thinks he can fix something and jus get it started. hes looking in the front where all the fuses are and hes like its prob a fuse. hes gotta flashlight lookin and was like these fuses look good! im like "uhhh. those arent the fuses. the fuses are right here." and hes like "ohhh! yeah.." so then they come down with the tractor, hook it up to the backhoe and start pullin it. of course im the one who has to steer the gator for about 2miles to the house. we get back to the house, my face is cut open from brush hitting me, its like 2am. im pissed, i go take a shower then go to bed. woke up the next day soar as hell, yesterday they came and got the gator, they said the main fuse blew and they replaced the starter. this gator has like 40miles on it. its like brand new. how the hell did it blow a fuse and the starter went bad already. damn john deeres. its a chinese like car engine in it to. sounds like a honda civic.

ProspectorJim
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
too bad international doesn't make a sxs.

sexysilverado45
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I think kawasaki makes the motors in all of john deeres off road vehicles. It could be you just got a bad one we have a 30 yr old jd combine, and 25 year old jd tractor, a 40 yr old jd tractor, and a jd gator and our gator has seen hell and back, and the equipment just keeps on chugging. My neighbors kid drove our gator into the house at almost a 45 degree angle 3 times before it finally broke the gears in the steering box. The thing is indestructable we've drove it into the creek, and tied a chain around a beaver damn and it pulled it right out. I think you just got have a few bad parts on it.

on the other hand if you want we can trade gators if you don't like it.

sexysilverado45
03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim

ha ha that made me laugh.

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
my dad would buy one so quick...well maybe not for ripping but work :p

i have a similar story to this where a piece of our logging equiptment broke down actually 2 stories on the same machine. down backside of a steep rocky hill lots of brush to gnarly to get a truck too....talk about a pain in the arse. i have to many skidder and sh**ty logging stories for my age :blah:

HondaRacing83
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Not quite saying i dont like it, but i dont like where the motor is made. It sounds pretty badass. Like i said it sounds like a honda civic with a coffee can on it going through the trails. its got pretty good acceleration to. but it was just the worst luck to have it DIE at the very backside of our property a few miles back and to have all that happen. Me being a 13year boy on only a few hours of sleep didnt really enjoy doing all that. But i didnt complain to him. I do owe him. After all there is 2005 400ex in the garage thats mine thanks to him. But damn that was harsh. and jim. hahahaha

HondaRacing83
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
my dad would buy one so quick...well maybe not for ripping but work :p

i have a similar story to this where a piece of our logging equiptment broke down actually 2 stories on the same machine. down backside of a steep rocky hill lots of brush to gnarly to get a truck too....talk about a pain in the arse. i have to many skidder and sh**ty logging stories for my age :blah: ive got to many stories of being back in the woods at about 2am and worst stucks for my age. it seems i come into the worst luck at that time. boy do i have a few good deer tracking stories that ends up shooting a deer with a .45 handgun at 2am. haha its all cool though. fun stories to look back on.

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
hahah i dont blame you.
last summer i was 13 skidder ran out of fuel about mile from the truck with fuel, OFCOURSE we're on a hill rocky as crap. so im the one who happens to be chossen to pack about 8 er 9 gallons of diesel. happened that at the time i had a sinus infection with a naassty fever and it was hot where we were talk about getting pissed :devil: i wish my dad bought my 05..he buys himself stuff instead :p

CJM
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I love stuck stories.

Bout 2 years ago my friend buys this pos dodge ram (it really was a pos im not saying it cause I hate them things), goes offroading and I get this call to come yank him out. My truck isnt nearly as heavy as that thing was and it was just to dang stuck.

Pick up other buddy, we go grab his dads chevy diesel thats full of rocks and masonary stuff and yanks it right out.

HondaRacing83
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
hahah i dont blame you.
last summer i was 13 skidder ran out of fuel about mile from the truck with fuel, OFCOURSE we're on a hill rocky as crap. so im the one who happens to be chossen to pack about 8 er 9 gallons of diesel. happened that at the time i had a sinus infection with a naassty fever and it was hot where we were talk about getting pissed :devil: i wish my dad bought my 05..he buys himself stuff instead :p damn. haha that sucks. ive had a few incedents similar to that. when im back in the woods with whoever and something happens, im always the one who has to run back to the house or whatever to get something. and yeah, my dad usually buys himself stuff alot. but sells it quick and goes and buys something else. which is an advantage for me, i get to play with it or go beat around on it. hes had 2rhinos, a 2foremans,a banshee, a 620i gator and now this one. its fun for me. i almost **** my pants when he cut me lose on the banshee when i was 9, i mean i was skilled enough to ride it. but talk about fastt! and before he bought the first rhino me and him went around everywhere test driving SxS's. i was 12 then. he put me in a razr 800 and i almost **** my pants. fun times. haha. and my dad grew up having to buy everything himself, and he hated it. so he buys me a fourwheeler and guns and stuff. i mean im not spoiled, i have to work for it, but he helps me alot.

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
ive got to many stories of being back in the woods at about 2am and worst stucks for my age. it seems i come into the worst luck at that time. boy do i have a few good deer tracking stories that ends up shooting a deer with a .45 handgun at 2am. haha its all cool though. fun stories to look back on.
ive got my share of elk stories from here in oregon :devil: fun stuff. definately memory makers

HondaRacing83
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I love stuck stories.

Bout 2 years ago my friend buys this pos dodge ram (it really was a pos im not saying it cause I hate them things), goes offroading and I get this call to come yank him out. My truck isnt nearly as heavy as that thing was and it was just to dang stuck.

Pick up other buddy, we go grab his dads chevy diesel thats full of rocks and masonary stuff and yanks it right out. my dad, uncle, and there friends have passed quite a few stories on to me about there stuck stories and my dad has quite a few about quads. especiallly banshees. he loved them. he had like no joke 8 of them. not at the same time. ill share them all someday on here ;)

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
damn. haha that sucks. ive had a few incedents similar to that. when im back in the woods with whoever and something happens, im always the one who has to run back to the house or whatever to get something. and yeah, my dad usually buys himself stuff alot. but sells it quick and goes and buys something else. which is an advantage for me, i get to play with it or go beat around on it. hes had 2rhinos, a 2foremans,a banshee, a 620i gator and now this one. its fun for me. i almost **** my pants when he cut me lose on the banshee when i was 9, i mean i was skilled enough to ride it. but talk about fastt! and before he bought the first rhino me and him went around everywhere test driving SxS's. i was 12 then. he put me in a razr 800 and i almost **** my pants. fun times. haha. and my dad grew up having to buy everything himself, and he hated it. so he buys me a fourwheeler and guns and stuff. i mean im not spoiled, i have to work for it, but he helps me alot.
dude thats sweet :devil: haha, last time i was in the dunes i saw this one kid like barely touching the pegs with a shaved seat on a BUILT BUILT BUILT shee. i mean that thing was crazy...waiting for the kid to ruin it being like idk how old. thats funny your dad goes through bikes so quick and bought all his own when he was a kid.....i buy all my own and parts and i usually get bored with bikes reeallly fast:D

4trax250x81
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Actually they do, just saw one the other day at the local dealer.

ProspectorJim
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81
Actually they do, just saw one the other day at the local dealer.

I guess they do.
http://www.caseih.com/northamerica/Products/Utility-Vehicles/scout/Pages/Intro.aspx

thing looks pretty damn cool especially the diesel option.

Kickstarts-suck
03-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow sounds like such a hard life..

JBENSON
03-12-2011, 05:32 PM
All things WILL break or fail, new, old or ANY brand!

jrspawn
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
I think kawasaki makes the motors in all of john deeres off road vehicles. It could be you just got a bad one we have a 30 yr old jd combine, and 25 year old jd tractor, a 40 yr old jd tractor, and a jd gator and our gator has seen hell and back, and the equipment just keeps on chugging. My neighbors kid drove our gator into the house at almost a 45 degree angle 3 times before it finally broke the gears in the steering box. The thing is indestructable we've drove it into the creek, and tied a chain around a beaver damn and it pulled it right out. I think you just got have a few bad parts on it.

on the other hand if you want we can trade gators if you don't like it.

The new 825I's have a Cherry eninge(automotive overseas engine). The lays down a ton of power and has had alot of good feedback for a new model.

Deere has always been known for its reliability and durability, the gator lineup has always been up top with that.

Your 825I should still be in warranty, you should have called your dealership and gotten them involved. Even afterhours most Deere dealers offer a 24/7 afterhours service/parts. Even if they did not come out that evening, they would have been kept in the loop and informed.

Now after dragging it through the woods, trees, or whatever, who knows what else that could have torn up. That just raises the chances of the dealership considering warranty work being an issue when they see *self inflicted* damages.

HondaRacing83
03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
yeah theres still warranty on the gator

ProspectorJim
03-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JBENSON
All things WILL break or fail, new, old or ANY brand!

not if its red and has IHC on it.