PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy trip

bosshogg1
03-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Going on my first hatfield mccoy trip may 27-29 I forget what trail system we are riding on. will keep posted any body else going out

trx250r 88
03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
we are going first weekend in april,pinnicle creek trails.went there last sept. good times.

blacknblue#2
03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Ill be there May 19-22. This will be my 9th year going. Its definitely some awesome riding

bosshogg1
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
yeah I can't wait this will be our first trip down. I'm hoping my bike will be done by then

panteramatt
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Youll have a blast. Im not far from philly maybe we an ride sometime. I hope your not running stock size tires on that 450 down there.

bosshogg1
03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
hell to the know I got rid of the stock the 2nd week of me having the bike but if you take a look at the thread that reads rebirth of zuki that's me I went with 22-7-10 fronts, an rears 20-10-10

Lee750
03-18-2011, 06:27 AM
We make the trek to WV 6-7 times a year. Trip #2 will have us in Crumpler / Ashland April 7-10. I can't get enough of those trails!

goldfish
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I think we're going down the last weekend in april (29th-1st) to buffalo mountain.

anyone have any idea of weather..mostly temps that time of year?

OldGuyonaQuad
04-21-2011, 02:49 PM
You guys should (if you can)look into pushing your trips back a few weeks for the Dirt Days event in June. You have access to Rock House (largest of the H/M trails) & Bear Wallow (o/a most difficult) as well as three ATV friendly towns to get to these trails. See the link below and either way happy and safe trails.
my thread:
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=464214

event link:
http://www.trailsheaven.com/events/dirtdays.aspx

jesshamner
04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
A group of Cannondales will be there April 29- May 1. If you see us, stop and say hello.

jesshamner
05-03-2011, 07:26 AM
The trails were pretty good. We went to Bearwallow on Friday and it was really good. There were some puddles but nothing too bad. I ran race cut fenders and wasn't too wet. There was a tree down on one of the trails. I think it was 14. We were able to get around it but we had to get off the quads.

Saturday we went to Buffalo Mountain. I hadn't been there before. They are some of the best trails I have been on. The scenery was amazing. The trails between Matewan and Delbarton were really wet. I wasn't having too much fun with race cut fenders then. The rest of the trails were great but a little wet.

None of the trails were or rutted out. We stayed off the black trails though. I had a bad experience with them at Rockhouse.

A break from the rain was nice and the trails were in pretty good shape. There wasn't too much traffic either.

jesshamner
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I haven't been to rockhouse in years. Mainly because it didn't impress me much. We had fine issues with the black trails and a lot of the trails then were more like fire roads.

You will be fine. Just don't fly around blind curves and wear your tether switch if you have one. Spending all your time trying to recover a quad that had rolled off the edge is no fun but makes for a good story. It is also the ultimate testament to the reliability ash the 400ex. :)

Gilbert is a great place to stay. Take some lunch and gas money and go all the way to man.

ikuzus450
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
thinking of going but how strict are they on age of rider on atv and what about 5 year old ridding on atv with parent

OldGuyonaQuad
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I haven't been to rockhouse in years. Mainly because it didn't impress me much. We had fine issues with the black trails and a lot of the trails then were more like fire roads.

IDK I guess at my age fire roads with cliffs and inclines like they had at Rock House were just fine for me. I will check out Buffalo next time for said views.

My one buddy (on his dirt bike)kept asking what color trail we were on and I told him again and again we are still on the connector trail from Gilbert :D

I can't wait to go back I thought the trails were amazing and beautiful.

A small clip from trail 19. GoPro HeroCam is incredible but you can't appreciate the steepness of the hills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOg4N7jMF8

punk rock kiel
07-04-2011, 04:02 PM
rockhouse trails didnt impress any of us. trails that were barely 2 quads wide, 300ft cliffs, you couldnt really go fast and you had to be careful not to get squirrly at all or it was the end of your quad.
we tried pinnicle creek also, was alot better than rockhouse.

nothing we are rushing to go back to. michigan dunes next year. trevorton will keep us all good with the difference riding it has.

Aarons 01 400EX
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by punk rock kiel
rockhouse trails didnt impress any of us. trails that were barely 2 quads wide, 300ft cliffs, you couldnt really go fast and you had to be careful not to get squirrly at all or it was the end of your quad.
we tried pinnicle creek also, was alot better than rockhouse.

nothing we are rushing to go back to. michigan dunes next year. trevorton will keep us all good with the difference riding it has.

Couldn't go fast? How wide do the trails need to be? I guess you didn't try any of the black trails...

Aarons 01 400EX
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
IDK I guess at my age fire roads with cliffs and inclines like they had at Rock House were just fine for me. I will check out Buffalo next time for said views.

My one buddy (on his dirt bike)kept asking what color trail we were on and I told him again and again we are still on the connector trail from Gilbert :D

I can't wait to go back I thought the trails were amazing and beautiful.

A small clip from trail 19. GoPro HeroCam is incredible but you can't appreciate the steepness of the hills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOg4N7jMF8

I enjoyed the trails too. There were several like 19, but then there were several more techinical trails that would make your butthole pucker if you got too close to the edge.