PDA

View Full Version : SRP TITAN Steering Stabilizer......

smorris1
03-11-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.magicracing.com/SRP-TITAN-Steering-Stabilizer-Honda-TRX250R-TRX400EX_p_724.html

I was looking at buying this but I wanted to hear any reviwes on it before I bought it. Has anybody tried this stabilizer? Is it worth the money?

CJM
03-11-2011, 12:10 PM
This is the one most people run and is on the top of my list as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-TRX-400EX-CCP-steering-stabilizer-free-shipping-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a5b8af0dQQitemZ29054 3152909QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
what exactly are the gains of these? bumps bar rip reduction??

smorris1
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I couldnt get the link to work. And they help reduce arm pump and they absorb lots of impacts you would normally feel without one. They are good for trails and woods. I just didnt know if this was a good choice.

CJM
03-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Search ccp 400ex stabilizer.

duroc825
03-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Search ccp 400ex stabilizer.
Yep! I just got one and works great and a LOT cheaper than Precision etc.

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
i always here people talk about arm pump...cam someone explain? this is somthing i am uneducated on :confused:

duroc825
03-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Arm pump happens when lactic acid in the forearms, due to exercise, makes them feel like they are burning and tight. Therefore, as you exercise your muscles, lactic acid enters the muscle and gives a burning sensation when you are working beyond the anaerobic threshold – or the point at which lactic acid builds up in the muscles. For the motocross racer, the hands tense up on the grips and give a feeling that they cannot be moved. There is an overwhelming sense of stiffness in the hand and it is difficult to work the clutch and the gas to the full potential. One of my motocross students said when he gets off the bike after a moto, his fingers are so clenched on the grips that he has trouble moving them or taking them off the handlebars. Obviously, this is a major problem that prevents him from riding to his full potential.

When a rider gets arm pump, the issue becomes of greater mental concern. Once arm pump begins, it becomes a mental block as the rider thinks, I’ve got arm pump. I have the dreaded disease of arm pump and I can’t do anything about it—this moto is done and I am down and out for the day. Taken from http://www.racerxvt.com/article/arm-pump-solved-part-1

CJM
03-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I dont get air pump nearly as bad as i get hand pump. You find your gripping the bars so hard your hands actually begin to hurt after awhile. Its not fun at all and feels almost like arthritis

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
thanks for the info! im not sure if its just me but i ride pretty long and hard expecially when i go on multiple day trips. i guess that i just dont get it?? i just get the bruised knee's from gripping the tank :p

MidnightBlade
03-11-2011, 09:31 PM
So arm pump is about the same feeling as going outside on a 10* day with no gloves for an hour then trying to unzip your coat?

CJM
03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by MidnightBlade
So arm pump is about the same feeling as going outside on a 10* day with no gloves for an hour then trying to unzip your coat?

To some and to others who arent in shape you might feel it that day, but the next forget about it.

I keep up my riding, if I dont first 2-3x out your hurting for days depending on how hard you rode that day.

smorris1
03-12-2011, 09:19 AM
So for the extra $45 I should get the CCP stabilizer off ebay? Its probably a much better piece.

CJM
03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by smorris1
So for the extra $45 I should get the CCP stabilizer off ebay? Its probably a much better piece.

There was ahuge review thread awhile back and everyone agreed that it worked 10x better than the stick type stabilizers.

If I had the cash i would have one by now myself.

Honda4LifeWes36
03-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Arm pump gets to me when I ride hard on a track but after more and more rides, it goes away.

Now for the hand pump. Yes, gets me everytime.

Today, I thought I needed amputation on my fourth finger. WOW it hurt. Riding wheelies was gettin to me!

CJM
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
it gets so bad since im usually out for about 5-6 hours or more than I have to grip the bars lightly after a bit lol