PDA

View Full Version : upholsterer ruined my fourwerx seat

DnB_racing
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I did have a mint 86 foam and pan only one set of staples ever installed and real nice shape!!
I figured it would be the perfect fit for my brand new fourwerx carbon hump seat, the workmanship on the cover is second to none!!!
as such I figured to have it upholstered by a pro and have it done right!!!

well the moron not only glued the foam hump to my pristine 86 foam but he put it in the wrong place!!! causing the seat to have a bump in the back not the nice clean hump, he used staples that penetrated into the foam, and he stretched the seat back so far because of screwing up the foam that he stapled the back carbon fiber part of the seat,,, he put so many staples into the pan its like swiss cheese!!

I explained it to him 3 times and he still messed it up

he gave me my money back that he charged to install the cover but big deal now im out a $300 seat.......Im sick to my stomach

I told him that the parts are no longer made and they are pricless, to be carful,

Burns310r
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
post some pictures of it, id like to see what your talking about.

Sucks though man sorry to hear that.

DnB_racing
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I will when I get it back .. I brought to my friends house and hes going to do his best to try to hide the holes in the back form the staples that were put in the carbon fiber part!!
it may not have the same hump as it should, we are going to have to stretch the back to hide the holes.....

I should have done it myself!!!! the fit of there covers is perfect!! its almost idiot proof!!

there was one section that I couldn't work a small wrinkle out, so I wanted it perfect so I decided to have a pro do it.. now its going to be hacked up along with the pristine foam and pan!!!

I feel like throwing up

DnB_racing
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
here is a good seat.... on mine he glued the hump foam were I have it drawn... by doing this it adds around an inch of material longer ..It was like he just picked a spot to put the foam and hot gued it down

it added an extra inch or so that would have been taken up with the rise, and he stapled right through the carbon on the back about an inch above the strip were the staples are supposed to go to the carbon back part is now showing (a whole line of removed staples)

besides obviously never recommend him to anyone, what can I do??

********CAUTION****** DONT EVER USE A COMPANY CALLED LUCY"s IN Fitchburg Mass

ZRider400
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
no offence, but.. shoulda had a bike shop install it... they prob just didnt know how it should go

DnB_racing
03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
he supposedly does all bikes quads and cars, and the next closest one around here that would do it was an hours drive each way.. and I thought it was idiot proof!!!lol

when you just set the cover on the seat it was almost in place, without doing any stretching

the cover maintained the shape all by itself... you would have to really be an idiot to screw it up!!!! and I found that idiot!!

I explained it 3 times were to put the hump foam and how its supposed to look when finished,

and he advertises that he does motorcycle seats and custom makes covers for bikes , so i figured he must know what hes doing... the thing that fries my asss is he glued it and ruined the the mint 25 year old foam and used 3/8 staples and way to many, I really think a young kid could have done better...

im amazed how bad he did, its about the easiest cover Ive ever seen to install... I just wanted it perfect so I thought i have a pro do it!!!

WHAT A MISTAKE

ZRider400
03-13-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah, if they said they did bike stuff b4... then im surprised it got messed up. that sucks!!! maybe they had a "new guy" working there and messed it up.

DnB_racing
03-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400
yeah, if they said they did bike stuff b4... then im surprised it got messed up. that sucks!!! maybe they had a "new guy" working there and messed it up. I had a bad feeling the guy didnt get it!!I almost took the seat and left, but then I looked at the seat and thought this is idiot proof, no way to mess it up!!
so I left it sitting in the way it would look when done, and walked away thinking hes an idiot but there isn't any other way that makes sense to mount it!!

I should have trusted my judgement!!!!I blame myself,I should have done it my self...

even what he did was a mess.. the staples were not evenly spaced and facing every direction, not that that makes much difference, but from a professional you expect a certain standard!!