PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting a title in ohio?

wakaa06
03-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I bought my 99 400ex and I got a notorized bill of sale with it. When I took it to the title office they said they couldn't accept it and I needed the certificate of orgin which was lost by the very first owner of the bike. I'm just in a pickle and need some help

JRN2786
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I bought mime in Indiana, went in there will a bill of sale with previous owners name, address, and vin# got out of state inspection at licence bureau then went to title office and got my title even though it had been registered in Ohio before they delete the old registration and put it in your name. Hope this helps

riotact
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Yep that's what you have to do.Go to the license bureau and pay for your inspection,go to highway patrol,then go to title bureau and they will give you your new title

JRN2786
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Make sure you have you bill of sale that says you bought it in a state that didn't require titles in the year or your quad an Ohio bill of sale will not work. You didn't say where bought it but I'm guessing not here...

wakaa06
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
yeah I bought it in ohio and now I found all this out i think i'm screwed

CJM
03-11-2011, 08:36 PM
This is for entertainment purposes only..

When your down at the dmv try and see if they will give you the persons name who last registered it. Then what you do is either track the person down OR make a bill of sale up, they sell it to you for a decent price (make sure its nothing insane or to low b/c your gonna pay taxes on it now) and find someone who is a notary and will sign off.

When i registered mine in NJ I had a heck of a time b/c there is not a single thing in the system about it. Im not sure if its stolen, no one ever registered it, or whatever. I went to register it and the lady at the dmv told me she was sorry but she couldnt do it, there was no info. Well wtf then I guess Im the legal owner right-NOPE not according to them.

I had to make a bill of sale up, then get it notorized and then tried another dmv who registered it no questions asked. Only reason I registered and insured it is for theft and mostly incase it was ever impounded, medical/repairs if I crash it are an added bonus.

Another idea if you dont mind paying a bit is to contact a title agency, they will do all the leg work and possibly even issue you a title for it.

wakaa06
03-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Well the bill of sale I have I made it up. I did get the cert of orgin with the quad but the oringial owner signed the back and never got it in his name so its still in the dealerships name and I have no clue how to get ahold of the guy but I called the dealership and they said a title has never been issued for it.....So you guys r saying that I would have to make up a bill of sale from out of state fake person?

CJM
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Like I said this is purely for entertainment, not suggest illicit advice lol..

How good are you at working a computer? Scan in cert of origin, replace his name with yours?

Or bill of sale, try another DMV?? Like I said, when I did it one dmv outright refused me or my friend, took it to another DMV and they didnt bat an eye or care.

JRN2786
03-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Like. He said for entertainment purposes only:
You bought it in Indiana from Joe dos that lives at 101 poop way chipawaw, in

wakaa06
03-12-2011, 03:04 AM
I appreaciate the entertaining advise I'll try to figure some thing out