PDA

View Full Version : Future of video gaming

lasher45
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Thought some of you gamers out there might like this video. Tech demo of the Unreal 3 engine shown at PAX East.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51646/Unreal-Engine-3-Samaritan-Tech-Demo-Video/?quality=hd

The Unreal Engine was used in many top selling video games, and now Unreal Engine 3 will be used in the games in the near future. Looks pretty damn good to me.

Too bad the now-gen consoles can't handle it, looks like we have to wait a few more years to experience it.

Im just waiting for HVD disks (can hold 20-200 times more than Bluray) and the ability to play back movies at 4K resolutions. Maybe even a SSD bootdrive thats also stores gamecache's, maybe even thunderbolt ports with 10gb per second transfers?....Leave it up to Sony to come out with next-gen console with all of this and more, I'm pretty stoked to see what the Playstation 4 will look like. (And yes I'm a sony "fanboy", Xbox is garbage. Just look at the stats)

honda400ex2003
03-10-2011, 08:19 PM
http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ps4-concept.jpg

http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ps4-300x229.jpg

couple of different concepts there.
steve

lasher45
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Looks cool, but too bad Sony said they're not working on the PS4 right yet. Even though I doubt that they haven't started development , their main focus is set on the PS3 for another 4 or 5 years.

honda400ex2003
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
im super happy with my 250gb ps3! def a great console, i wish i had more time to play it, mostly it collects dust since it is at school and hw is more important than playing. steve

TheLane
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
The 360 i think has the best interface.

If they could take the 360's friendlyness with the preformance and reliability with the PS3 Then get some damn stateside customer support it would be amazing

ProspectorJim
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
(And yes I'm a sony "fanboy", Xbox is garbage. Just look at the stats)

I'm a "fanboy" of whatever is more fun to play. No matter how much tech they cram into the ps3, it won't match the fun of playing xbox live with a few buddies.PS3's online network might be free, but you get what you pay for.

lasher45
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I'm a "fanboy" of whatever is more fun to play. No matter how much tech they cram into the ps3, it won't match the fun of playing xbox live with a few buddies.PS3's online network might be free, but you get what you pay for.

I'll admit I like playing on the Xbox once and while but Im a Sony fanboy at heart. I wish I had an Xbox just to play Gears of War, I can play that game for hours online and not get board. The Xbox does have some good titles going for it though.... Except Halo, probably the worst game ever

ProspectorJim
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I'll admit I like playing on the Xbox once and while but Im a Sony fanboy at heart. I wish I had an Xbox just to play Gears of War, I can play that game for hours online and not get board. The Xbox does have some good titles going for it though.... Except Halo, probably the worst game ever

The halo series was ok, it wasn't worth all the hype behind it though and I think that's why so many people hate it.

450Rida
03-11-2011, 08:44 PM
(And yes I'm a sony "fanboy", Xbox is garbage. Just look at the stats)

i like xbox better cause the controllers are SO MUCH more comfortable. you can mash for hours and not get sore fingers. i live in northern alberta, canada, and when there a snow storm(almost evryday) there not much else to do besides work, drink beer, and play vids. i love the halo games but right now addicted to black ops. as far as relaibility i bought one when they first came out and microsoft has given me 3 new ones free of charge since then!

CJM
03-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I dont have any newer systems, last one I bought was PS (original) and my brother bought a gamecube, have (well for its day) a kick butt pc I used to game on but nothing anymore.

Maybe its just me but I lost total interest in games about 5-7 years ago. Its fun to drag out the old nintendo or something but I dnt enjoy all these newer games and systems to much. To much money spending on games and then when you finally have a god bit they make a new system. Thankfully the newest crop of systems is backwards compatible I hear.

Ruby Soho
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
super nintendo:macho

Tommy Warren
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
this is the future:cool:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CyCyzB0CedM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>